Best Anti-Virus software?

Dismal Shadow

"Yours. Not mine."
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just recently installed the new AVG 8.0, well i've been using for 2 days and while cleaning my PC with CCleaner or another software, it messed up my AVG and I can't seem reinstall it. Did a clean uninstall. But it still failed to install and I decided not to use AVG anymore. Expect for the older one 7.5 and never had a problem with that version until 8.0 came along. So anyone would suggest any good antivirus with greater detection rate. I just installed Avira Antiviv Free, althought i don't know if this software is any good. I'm still testing it. Any suggestions greatly appreciate. Especially geeks. Hehehe...

I am still testing Avira Antivir as well - I am somewhat annoyed by the pop-up messages.

I have heard some positive feedbacks on Kaspersky Anti-Virus but I haven't tried the software.

Wow, I installed AVG 7.5 to my customers for many times and no problem so far. Last week, I installed AVG 8.0 to one of customer from last week and I don't see any issue it so far.

Something wrong with your computer.

Wow, I installed AVG 7.5 to my customers for many times and no problem so far. Last week, I installed AVG 8.0 to one of customer from last week and I don't see any issue it so far.

Something wrong with your computer.

It might be, but I'm a tech myself, so i make no mistakes. Because AVG 8.0 is somehow confider to some software so cleaning the remnant of another software will messed AVG 8.0, what a shame. 7.5 is better

Unfortunately Kaspersky and NOD32 either is Norton, I'm looking for a freeware software.
Some cable/DSL providers like AT&T/BellSouth, Comcast and Charter offer good anti-virus programs at no charge to their customers. You probably wanna check it out.

Some cable/DSL providers like AT&T/BellSouth, Comcast and Charter offer good anti-virus programs at no charge to their customers. You probably wanna check it out.

Road Runner offer 1 year free CA (computer Associate) Internet Security Suite. I already installed it in my lappy. I uninstalled it's firewall and use Windoz firewall because it's bogging down my lappy's performance. It's doing good so far.

Swishy, You probably have serious virus since AVG can't install on one folder. happen to me before. You'll have to reformat and reinstall OS to get rid of virus. Hackers had a way to program virus to prevent new antivirus program from installing. In that way to keep system infected and give you a hard time.

My advice, Reformat, Reinstall, Install AVG and scan it. After that you may run free to surf the net.

OR you can copy AVG to CD or flashdrive and reformat hdd, reinstall then install AVG then plug Ethernet to go online to update. This prevent virus from invading your PC w/o antivirus. Happens to me before. I reformatted, reinstalled OS on my friend's pc w/o antivirus and then left the pc running w/ network hook for 15 min (was downloading Smilie Central that she asked for), Bam!! It got virus. I had to do over then install antivirus then plug network back on. Sheesh.

None antivirus are perfect. So you'll do your homework. It's good to ask around. Remmy that Antivirus and Firewall does eat up performance. I know NOD32 and Kasperski don't hoarde performance which Gamers love to use. So You decide!!

Catty

Hmmmm... interesting. While surfing around the internet, it seem that Bitdefender is the best antivius and won the award Antivirus of the year. NOD32 and Kaspersky came 2 and 3. But can anybody here clarify that? I'm going for the suite pack so i wanna know which one of these had the best detection rate and low system resource and protect real time. I use reformat my PC and I know know which one to decide.

I used had Norton on my old HP and it SUCKS!!!!

Norton killed performance on Pentium 4 (Northwood) with 512 MB RAM so enough.

The Sims 2 is so choppier and horrible laggy when I left Norton enabled.

I used had Norton on my old HP and it SUCKS!!!!

Norton killed performance on Pentium 4 (Northwood) with 512 MB RAM so enough.

The Sims 2 is so choppier and horrible laggy when I left Norton enabled.

LOL. try disabling Norton's Firewall and use Windoz firewall??

Back