Bend motorcyclist clocked at 135 mph crashes eluding police

Braydens Mom

Reaction score
April 06, 2009

BEND, Ore. -- A Bend motorcyclist clocked at 135 miles per hour crashed his bike while fleeing from police Saturday night. Oregon State Police Police say the rider of this motorcycle was going 135 miles per hour before eventually crashing. Oregon State Police said 28-year-old Anthony Ty Suratt was spotted flying past a Trooper on his 2003 Suzuki motorcycle along Highway 126 West around 8:40 p.m. OSP Trooper Gary Thompson's radar gun clocked Suratt at a blazing 135 miles per hour. Several troopers set themselves up to try and intercept the motorcycle but Suratt ended up crashing while negotiating a turn.

~This is crazy and sad as I know this person...He is lucky top be alive! I feel bad for his mother!~

Sounded like he is riding on crotch rocket?

If so, I had to say, this is stupid! I have seen idiots riding on crotch rocket, they really turned me off. They seems to think they are capable of getting away and think speed is the key. Yeah, they can go fast, but with speed, there isn't much room for mistakes, one mistake, they are good as f**ked up.

I have seen them having front wheel up in the air for about a mile, whats point? I also have seen one crotch rocket penerated right into compact car, killed everybody due to the fact that this teenager biker went 200mph and arrived intersection... too late to avoid... Again whats point?

Hope this person learns hard lesson.

Braydens Mom,

Just a reminder on 11.a) Click here, please provide the link next time when you post a news source. :)

Thanks.

Here's source

Bend motorcyclist jailed for DUII after chase, crash

EDIT - IMAGE REMOVED
Anthony Ty Surrat (inset, DCJ photo) crashed his motorcycle (OSP photo) after leading police on a chase when he allegedly failed to pull over after being clocked at 135-mph.

BEND, Ore. -- Police clocked a speeding motorcycle at 135-mph before the operator refused to pull over for their lights and siren, OSP reported. The 28-year old Bend man led troopers on a pursuit traveling west on Highway 126W about ten miles west of Redmond before he crashed and was arrested for DUII Saturday night.

According to Oregon State Police (OSP), about 8:40 p.m., April 4, Trooper Gary Thompson saw a 2003 Suzuki motorcycle speeding as he headed toward Sisters near milepost 103.

Radar readings registered 135-mph, police reported.

When the driver failed to pull over in an attempted traffic stop, Thompson was joined by Deschutes County Sheriff's deputies who positioned themselves in various locations along the highway.

The motorcyclist, later identified as Anthony Ty Surrat of Bend, lost control of his bike while going around a sweeping right-hand corner near milepost 100, crossed the oncoming lane of traffic and crashed onto the dirt shoulder, troopers said.

Suratt was wearing a protective helmet and leather jacket and only received minor injuries, the news release stated.

He was arrested and lodged in the Deschutes County Jail, troopers reported. Suratt will face charges including felony attempt to elude, driving under the influence of intoxicants (DUII), reckless driving and recklessly endangering another person.

Last edited:
what a dumbass.......

EDIT - IMAGE REMOVED
Anthony Ty Surrat (inset, DCJ photo) crashed his motorcycle (OSP photo) after leading police on a chase when he allegedly failed to pull over after being clocked at 135-mph.

Wow. He's lucky he only got minor scratches.. I've seen some fairly gory pictures (and no I won't post them here) of motorcycle accidents and I have to say he's very lucky.

Wow, he is very lucky to be living.
Just because you can go 135mph doesn't mean you should

Make them put on governors to limit the speed or engineer them to be unable to go that fast?

I disagreed, they will cost everybody money PLUS no matter how hard you try, somebody is going to find a way around. True business, don't you know we already turned odometer on all cars into digital for the purpose of preventing somebody from roll back... this is perfect example... somebody found a way to re-program the chip to roll back the odometer! Now we ended up pay for more and it is useless.

Make them put on governors to limit the speed or engineer them to be unable to go that fast?

I disagreed, they will cost everybody money PLUS no matter how hard you try, somebody is going to find a way around. True business, don't you know we already turned odometer on all cars into digital for the purpose of preventing somebody from roll back... this is perfect example... somebody found a way to re-program the chip to roll back the odometer! Now we ended up pay for more and it is useless.

Yep, someone with a laptop plugged it to the ECU and removed the speed limiter on a semi truck and can go faster than what the speed governor of 65 mph. There will be always ways around things, so nothing is really foolproof.

Right, technology always advanced and gets cheaper. Back then when government "Thought" that workaround is too expensive for anyone to tamper. Maybe for a short time they are right, but eventually it will get affordable...

Yep, someone with a laptop plugged it to the ECU and removed the speed limiter on a semi truck and can go faster than what the speed governor of 65 mph. There will be always ways around things, so nothing is really foolproof.

Also swap car's removeable ECU chips to Hypertech chip. I've helped my boss to replace Corvette's ECU chipset to Hypertech chip. It was easy just pulling it out and plugging in new one. He said the Corvette runs much faster and powerful.

http://www.hypertech-inc.com/Products/

It can be done either way, programming or swapping chips.

Catty

April 06, 2009

BEND, Ore. -- A Bend motorcyclist clocked at 135 miles per hour crashed his bike while fleeing from police Saturday night. Oregon State Police Police say the rider of this motorcycle was going 135 miles per hour before eventually crashing. Oregon State Police said 28-year-old Anthony Ty Suratt was spotted flying past a Trooper on his 2003 Suzuki motorcycle along Highway 126 West around 8:40 p.m. OSP Trooper Gary Thompson's radar gun clocked Suratt at a blazing 135 miles per hour. Several troopers set themselves up to try and intercept the motorcycle but Suratt ended up crashing while negotiating a turn.

~This is crazy and sad as I know this person...He is lucky top be alive! I feel bad for his mother!~

wow..

He is......

A Super Squid.

Back