Bed and Breakfast hotel

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
It's a long time since I stayed at one with my family. I had thought about going to one with my girlfriend. I checked into one and I was told it would be $139-289 per night. I was kind of taken back. I did not realize that Bed and Breakfast would be so much.

What makes Bed and Breakfast so special??

It's special for many reasons....and if you can afford it, I'd recommend it...very comfy & fluffy king/queen beds, ur own bathroom, ur breakfast/lunch/dinner cooked by a Chef and by ur request......complimentary snacks....ur laundry done on request....an "at home" atmosphere, but just more elegant.....Best of all, you have the opportunity to meet other travelers, from all over the U.S and other countries at the dining room table, so conversation is interesting!....(Just remember to tip the housekeeper!)

Used to work at a Bed & Breakfast named "Rose Hill", downtown in an historic N.C. city after 2 years of early retirement......Just loved it! Spiral staircases, and each room had a name....My boss was an awesome Chef also.

The prices for B&Bs are higher because they have less rooms. For example, 6 rooms versus a 200 room chain hotel so naturally the operating costs for staff, maintenance, advertising, etc... will be higher per room. B&Bs are about the charm, the character of the place you are staying.

It is a great way to get personalized service instead of being treated like another overnight guest at a chain hotel but in the end, it all boils down to how much time you plan to spend in the room. If all you need is a place to sleep and shower, you could use the YMCA (not recommended) but if let's say you are on a long road trip, 2 or 3 weeks, and want to stop in a quaint town like Savannah or Charleston for a few days (two or three) and leave with a memory, it is well worth it the experience of relaxing.

Also, a common practice I use for booking B&Bs is to ask for last-minute discounts, I have saved up to 40 percent off the listing price if you just rolled in to town and they still have an open room that is not booked. They rather get something than nothing. Fridays and Saturdays are always more expensive than Sun to Thurs.

Where were you thinking of booking one at? What town/state?

Back