Baha implant

annadilynn

Reaction score
okay, deaf in both ears. recieved a baha on one side...been 7 months, still hurts, still weeps...dont get me wrong i love being able to hear my grandson :0) ...still deaf when i have the processor off...but there are soooo many moments when i hate it..even when it hurts to wear it,i feel obligated to put it on...you cannot wear it to bed, or when it might get wet ( shower, lake, when it is raining) its impossible to hear with it when its windy, you cannot wear anything that will rest on the processor...like certain glasses or hats...and when it hears music...no matter what channel (there are 3) you have it on...it sings back to pure tones....
Its hard to not sound ungrateful...but ugh...if i had known it would be an open wound and painful forever basically...would not have done it.

Uhhh....not to make you feel worse, but, are you looking for reassurance from the deaf community that being deaf sucks?....or that the Baha implant itself sucks?

If you really hate the device, you don't have to wear it.

I can't comment on BAHA to a Cochlear Implant which I have. I have Sensorineural loss not like you "bone conduction problem".

However-I don't wear my Implant to bed and can't get it wet either-disconnect when I go swimming. ASIDE: the Neptune wasn't around 6 years ago.. Severe wind does cause a bit of problem.

Were you not advised of your listed problems before the operation?

Like you I am DEAF when the Implant is disconnected.

Each of us must weigh the "benefits" to the "discomfort" of having a device to "assist in hearing"

no comments...wow...thats what i call feedback...
lol

Well, you could have the screw removed from your head and just wear a BAHA on a band like the little kids who are trying it out.

i am saying i am not sure if i like the implant...
and i have Sensorineural hearing loss on one side and my bones of hearing are gone on the other side....so that side is conductive loss...
I was just wondering if anyone else has had the baha...

One member that i cant remember name but i am not sure if member still is around. Mostly HAs and CIs members are here.

I believe the only person that can "help" you is your ENT doctor.Whether a Cochlear Implant in your other ear-could "help" you more than the BAHA? Whether having both is possible-cost wise/hearing0wise?
It does show just how different one can be with "hearing loss problems".
Hopefully you can get a solution to your specific circumstances. Good luck

Sounds like you need adjustments and to get your screw area looked at. It shouldn't be painful and all these problems with wind and music etc can be helped by going for adjustments. Have you been back to see anyone at all since getting fitted?!

I think the lack of comments is stemming from that there's almost no one here on this board with a BAHA. I have a friend who has one, but that's the extent of my knowledge on them. I hope you are able to find a good solution for your concerns. :)

Back