Bacteria chows down on remaining oil spill in Gulf

*sarcasm mode on*

This oil spill is really no big deal at all. Bacteria are eating it up. Other marine life thrive on oil. Thank you BP for feeding these sea creatures. Now get back to work and drill!

On a related note; Impeach Obama! This disaster is all his fault!

*sarcasm mode on*

This oil spill is really no big deal at all. Bacteria are eating it up. Other marine life thrive on oil. Thank you BP for feeding these sea creatures. Now get back to work and drill!

On a related note; Impeach Obama! This disaster is all his fault!

The reality is that there is so much we can or cannot do when it comes to oil spills. The fact remains, nature continues to do the job that humans are unable to.

Impeach? Well, he was a bit slow.

Must be a good sized pool. What shape is it?

21x40..... Has a 10ft diving tank.....0ft at its shallow end as it forms a stone "beach" but it rises quickly. Also have an 8 person hot tub connected to it. It's pretty much a rectangle but the hot cuts into the pool and beach goes outward from the pool.

DT=DIVE TANK
P=REG POOL
H=HOT TUB
X=DECK
B= "BEACH"

DTDTDTDTDTDTDTPPPPPPPPPPP
HHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBBBBBBBBB

21x40..... Has a 10ft diving tank.....0ft at its shallow end as it forms a stone "beach" but it rises quickly. Also have an 8 person hot tub connected to it. It's pretty much a rectangle but the hot cuts into the pool and beach goes outward from the pool.

DT=DIVE TANK
P=REG POOL
H=HOT TUB
X=DECK
B= "BEACH"

Sounds nice.

I agree..... It's not about harmful now.......it's about least harmful.

short-term - oil-eating microbe is probably the least harmful of all
long-term - unknown but looking at Exxon-Valdez accident... it'll be damaged for several decades.

My biggest concern? the people who depended on Gulf for living. it's gone now.

"Vanishing" edge or was yours built before they came out? Salt water? It is a big thing here, salt water pools.

Sounds like it, it's not what you would find through the consumer market. Most top-of-the-line pools are usually 25,000 gallons or so.

True....Pools in Texas and the south are a bigger deal. Our swim season is April to mid October many years. Pools are social too, pool parties are the norm here..........

Because on those shores they are made up of cobbly rocks and not the smooth sand. Geology plays a role on how fast or slow a damaged ecosystem can recover. You have the black refined oil muck that can still be found under those rocks if you lift them out of the ground. But even that it continues to degrade. The ocean itself is a different story.

It is going take years for the ocean to recover and who know what kind of health issues people will get being expose to all the fumes from the oil. The wildlifes will have health issues . Did you know you can hepatitis from eating too sea food , that is how how bad man has mess up the ocean. The sad thing it that if is not going to be the last oil disaster we have . I do not believe what we are being told when the government can control the news
media.

It is going take years for the ocean to recover and who know what kind of health issues people will get being expose to all the fumes from the oil. The wildlifes will have health issues . Did you know you can hepatitis from eating too sea food , that is how how bad man has mess up the ocean. The sad thing it that if is not going to be the last oil disaster we have . I do not believe what we are being told when the government can control the news
media.

The ocean (Gulf of Mexico) is recovering quickly. The recovery issue is more problematic to assess closer to shore and in the estuaries. But it will recover nonetheless.

Sure. There'll be some wildlife health concerns over the next several years. Studies are being set up for further research since it's not often you get a major oil spill and how it affects the ecosystem, marine and wildlife.

We had one major oil spill out of some ~30,000 oil rigs out there in all these years. That's pretty good considering.

It is going take years for the ocean to recover and who know what kind of health issues people will get being expose to all the fumes from the oil.
we already know. they're either seriously ill or dead.

The wildlifes will have health issues . Did you know you can hepatitis from eating too sea food , that is how how bad man has mess up the ocean.
hope you had a hepatitis vaccination

The sad thing it that if is not going to be the last oil disaster we have . I do not believe what we are being told when the government can control the news media.
well then pack up and head down there!

cleaning-products-istock-de.jpg

And not to mention that the Gulf is a hot spot for a lot of North American migratory fowl in the dead of winter. I wonder how many seasons this will ruin? I hope DU and Delta Waterfowl get in on this as well and perform studies or at least pay LSU or some other SEC University to do it, lol.

Back