Back :)

SimplyKiddo

Reaction score
Gone for awhile but back now :)
I recently attended a Vietnamese group/camp event held in Oklahoma for a week so I haven't had any internet. It was tons of fun. Hopefully I didn't miss anything of interest.
How is everybody and how was your New Year's?

I'd never heard of a Vietnamese camp group anything. I have a cousin who was adopted from Vietnam. She is a war orphan and watched as her parents were killed in a horrific way. She has no memories of it and was 3 when found next to their bodies and 5 when she was adopted. She has severe learning disabilities due to the trauma and therapy has not helped. She is 45 now and has the mind of a 10 year old. She is married to a wonderful man who she's known since her adoption. He also was adopted from Vietnam and has no problems.

The camp is more aimed toward the Vietnamese youth and is Christian-based and allows them to get together and bond. My boyfriend invited me so I tagged along with him.
Oh goodness, that is traumatic and terrifying. I hope she is doing well then and I'm glad she has someone to help her along :). Yes, the war did leave a bad scar on Vietnam. Both my parents escaped from it; my mother was one of the "Boat people" that were able to escape while my father had to run to different continents during this time. They tell me about their experiences and sometimes, I wonder how they even made it out without losing their wits.

The camp is more aimed toward the Vietnamese youth and is Christian-based and allows them to get together and bond. My boyfriend invited me so I tagged along with him.
Oh goodness, that is traumatic and terrifying. I hope she is doing well then and I'm glad she has someone to help her along :). Yes, the war did leave a bad scar on Vietnam. Both my parents escaped from it; my mother was one of the "Boat people" that were able to escape while my father had to run to different continents during this time. They tell me about their experiences and sometimes, I wonder how they even made it out without losing their wits.

That was a sad time. I am glad your parents escaped.

Back