Baby born with three arms

EDGE

Reaction score
Surgery Debated for Baby Born with Three Arms

> The surgery options for a two-month-old baby born with an unusually well-formed third arm is being carefully examined by doctors in Shanghai, China. The baby was born with two left arms, neither of them fully functional, and only one kidney.

> The doctors have not been able to determine which arm is more developed, which makes this case quite peculiar. The baby, named Jie-jie, cried when either of the left arms were touched, though responded normally to all other stimuli.

> The Shanghai Children's Medical Center is one of China's most experienced hospitals in dealing with unusual birth defects

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2021142&page=1

for video
http://www.cnn.com/video/partners/c...video/health/2006/05/31/vo.china.3arm.baby.ap

wow ive never seen this before...first time..hope they will remove the third arm.. :dunno:

Sounds like he has a good prognosis after the operation...that's definitely good to know!

Figures which the best for baby have one arm removed.. and to make sure find right one function goes to brain and arm moves... hard which.. wait and see find it out further later update..

It can be remove without any problem, just such as people get cancer with part of bodies then cut it off and fix it.

wow.. that is so unquie.. I hope they will be able to figure out how to do this delicately with the operation of removing one arm.

Damn, Window Media Player isn't work for me because video cannot shown. :mad:

wow 3 arms .. I am sure it will remove one of arm. it should be have twins but look like didnt make it to make twins just 3 arms

I hope the child doesn't have to have too many surgeries in its lifetime. It doesn't sound like either of the arms will be functional without lots of work. Poor kiddo.

I saw that on the news last night. :aw: Hopefully with newer technology today they might be able to save one of the better left arms and with help of some improvement on the arm as well. Wishing him lots of luck.

That's strange but they said that they will take one of arms to cut off because it's not developed enough.

Why do people these days have to think it's not normal to have an extra arm or fingure?

The baby was born with two left arms, neither of them fully functional, and only one kidney.

I think that's bullshit because shown from the picture above, the baby has moved and turned its hand into a fist so I think the baby's lower left arm is funtional while I dont know about the other left arm but could be funtional but the baby's still very young.

I dont like how they decided for the baby until Jie-jie gets older and makes the decision for himself because it's personal and it's his own body. What if thats actually a gift for him? be able to hold more things with an extra arm?

I dont care if I even seen a 45 year old guy walking around with an extra arm in public, holding a cup while he holds a bag on his left arms, etc that just tells me that there's a reason for his life to be that way.

I dont think it's really weird at all since it's just all part of a very slow progress called "evloution."

Wow, interesting news to read...

I remmy when i was grade 8, there was an grade 7 student in my class, he had six toes on his foot...

Steel X said:
Why do people these days have to think it's not normal to have an extra arm or fingure?

The baby was born with two left arms, neither of them fully functional, and only one kidney.

I think that's bullshit because shown from the picture above, the baby has moved and turned its hand into a fist so I think the baby's lower left arm is funtional while I dont know about the other left arm but could be funtional but the baby's still very young.

I dont like how they decided for the baby until Jie-jie gets older and makes the decision for himself because it's personal and it's his own body. What if thats actually a gift for him? be able to hold more things with an extra arm?

I dont care if I even seen a 45 year old guy walking around with an extra arm in public, holding a cup while he holds a bag on his left arms, etc that just tells me that there's a reason for his life to be that way.

I dont think it's really weird at all since it's just all part of a very slow progress called "evloution."

Because one of arms isn't developed enough....

Back