Autotext Settings?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
For those of you who use mobile devices that have autotext, there are some that people like to add for themselves to make typing on their mobile devices easier.

So, what do you add?

For instance, I've added the months of the year to my Sidekick 3.

jan = January
feb = February
mar = March
etc...

I've added a few others. What about you?

Yeah, I have some few auto text settings that I use on my mobile device.

What I do is add -

Cld - Could
Wud - Would
Shud - Should
Abt - About

These are just some few words that are on my autotext settings. From time to time, I would see some other people have an autotext setting that allows them to add a word with drawings in it. That part sometimes annoys me because it will scroll up on the screen quickly and it makes me have to scroll up to read the part where I missed at.

I have a Sidekick3, do you mean the part for the prewritten messages? If so, I didn't realize you can add to it.

I've added the week days, mon=Monday tues=Tuesday, etc. I also added major highways I am on often, like i25=I-25, c470=C-470, useful for when I'm telling people where I'm at.

i haven't add auto text that i don't know how. i need to play around with my mobile more. eh.. too busy focusing on something else than mobile.

I have a blackberry smartphone. so it remembers what I have typed in the past. so it helps

I pulled a prank on my wife by adding and changing auto text. Every time she typed person name or whoever, name changed to funny name. She got pissed and got with me. :rofl: It was funny.

You could pull prank on ur spouse or friend. Use common sense.

Catty

I pulled a prank on my wife by adding and changing auto text. Every time she typed person name or whoever, name changed to funny name. She got pissed and got with me. :rofl: It was funny.

You could pull prank on ur spouse or friend. Use common sense.

Catty

Not very nice! Funny though.

I have a Sidekick3, do you mean the part for the prewritten messages? If so, I didn't realize you can add to it.

Yes, That is what it is meant - the prewritten message or whatever it is called. Take a look at your sidekick3 by going to the main page where you see all those icons (Download Catalog, IM, Email, Web Browser, etc) and go to the Settings. You will find the Auto Text on there. If you wish to add some of your own words in there - In the auto text, go to "New Rule" and add it from there. :)

Yes, you can add to it. Just press MENU+N to add a new one. It will ask for what's typed in and what will be replaced.

If there's a symbol that you want added, copy-&-paste it in the replacement box.

For instance, if I want the symbol of UP arrow... I type "@up" and it appears. ;)

Back