auditory nerve evoked postioning??

neuro

Reaction score
I have a doubt on the treatments cells stem. I have seen in the forum of the Chinese web Google Traductor to mention to positioning evoked of the auditory nerve, in many of the answers on treatment deafness. My doubt is why he(she) asks and why. Does it(he,she) depend on the auditory nerve that you could be treated or not? Me doubts arise, I would like that you me clarify it, thank you.

Stem cells can repair a damaged auditory nerve. With CI, a damaged auditory nerve will either make you not a candidate or limit how well you hear. I expect stem cells to be better than CI in many ways as the only limitation I can see is that with today's stem cells, the best you can get is down to 40db HL. This is unaided hearing, mind you. A 40db HL with HAs can aid you to 0db! But then birds who naturally regenerate their hearing also get down to 40db HL and occasionally to 25db HL at best.

Hi,
I think that I have not explained well. I do not know if I have affected auditory nerves or not, what I wonder is why asking such evoked potentials, ie do not determine the success or which has the auditory nerve in conditions? Are sensorineural loss is not hearing cells but also auditory nerves? I wonder who request such reports, I dunno, it seems that the state determines much of the auditory nerve ...

Hearing loss affects the hair cells but can also effect the auditory nerves. This is one reason why one person could hear 20db with CI and understand 90% speech while another person hears at 50db with CI and understands 10% speech. If possible, you should have your auditory nerve tested. A damaged nerve won't give you good results with CI(nor with HAs for the matter)

Hearing loss affects the hair cells but can also effect the auditory nerves. This is one reason why one person could hear 20db with CI and understand 90% speech while another person hears at 50db with CI and understands 10% speech. If possible, you should have your auditory nerve tested. A damaged nerve won't give you good results with CI(nor with HAs for the matter)

Usually the nerve response is tested before implant surgery, as a preliminary test. If I am not wrong it is called the measure of the promontory potential.
The pitch discrimination that possibly can have a relevant effect on the success of a CI is more due to the state of the nerve ganglions at the different position in the cochlea, rather than the nerve itself, simply because if the nerve is not functioning properly the candidacy is rejected.

Back