Audio Test Keeps Getting Worse

Why am I dissapointed that my CAT scan of the middle ear came back normal when I should be happy? Anyway-looks like I am suffering from just plain old inner ear damage. Sad thing is I dont qualify for the "Esteem" and my next set of HA will probably be CI's. Not the end of the world but it is the End of the World as I knew it before.

I wouldn't be sad about not qualifying for the Esteem. ALL it was, was a relaunched speciality hearing device. They presented as new and innovative.
Look at it this way....why didn't you hear anything about the Esteem the first time around? And the thing is, the majority of insurances don't cover the Esteem....not to mention that you have to pay out of pocket for the battery change. At least with CI a lot of it is covered by insurance.
Also, at least you have the opportunity for something when your aids max out. That's one of the best things about CIs.....they're great for people with progressive losses who have maxed out on aids.

My hearing was NR left/65dB right from 10 years old to 23 years old. Just before turning 24 my hearing dropped to 92dB on the right. 6 months later I know it's worse and will be getting a new audiogram soon. I was a little down at first but have embraced it. I'm deaf. I would have been deaf this entire time had I not had surgery at 10 years old. I'm going for a CI. This way I can be deaf AND hearing. I can choose when I want to hear and when I want to check out. No one can make you accept it or be okay with it, that will only come from you. For me, the excitement of a new hearing aid 6 months ago got me out of it. Now I'm excited about getting a CI. The excitement dismisses the sadness. Good luck to you!

Back