Attn: Everyone - Pls Read

FreeWoman77 said:
Please! Sorenson interpreters better? not all :aw: plus, I didnt like when I was talking with an interpreter for like 15 to 20 minutes interpreter asked me hold to change an interpreter, ugh, much interpreters? if so why hired many interpreters, some of them should have worked at college like here I need one, I am going to study at college this Summer, there no available interpreter in the mornings :/
TTY service deaf people start less using calls on TTY, wondering, how much TTY company/relay operators got cut? laid off/quitted? same will be cut to 5 dollars a hour as well? I still use calls on TTY only in local

Ok You don't understand what this is about. Interpreters are not paid $5 an hour. You need to learn more about the FCC. By the way, TTY relay does not take an acquired SKILL like signing. Anyone who can type and talk can do text relay.

Even if we were paid $5 an hour, you need to realize that hearing people can't get SSI. We can't get tax money to supplement our income if it's low. We can't get low-income housing unless we have kids. We HAVE to work to survive.

I did not say Sorenson interpreters were better. You need to read it again and try to understand before you make comments. You are not understanding this issue at all.

And by the way, when an interpreter switches after 15-20 mins, You think you are the first call they've had all day? NO. Guess what? Before you called, they could've been interpreting two hours straight, and maybe they need a break, or they've been there 10 hours and it's time for them to go home. Have some respect.

Why do they hire so many interpreters? BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE USING THE VIDEO PHONES and the VRS interpreters are NEEDED.

Nesmuth said:
LOL You dont even work in the social service field . You dont get calls from people complaining they cant find interpreters. Youre clueless to what really goes on.

Your rantings dont make any sense.

"VRS nazi"? Go see a shrink. I can refer you to one.

Richard

Lol. Another avoidance when I slaughter your little "facts" huh? Seem pretty defensive. Kind of funny if it's MY rantings that make no sense, yet you can't prove anything i've said wrong. And i have ANNIHILATED your little "facts." So was my math wrong? I think not.

All I can say is if I were deaf, I sure as hell wouldn't want you on my "side." I can guarantee that everyone in my family doesn't want you on theirs.

Oh..and by the way...you have NO idea what I do, or what I've done beyond what I've told you.

IM CALLING YOU ON IT AGAIN, Dick. This whole $420 an hour or $1100 an hour you claim VRS providers are getting; that you claim is FACT because you "heard it somewhere." Divide that by the (at least) 850 interpreters that are working any given hour. Or are you going to ignore this one, and try to just call me names again because you know you're full of shit?

coloravalanche said:
No, it isn't wrong! Remember, you and I live in different state..Each states are different! We have wonderful interpreters here in my state! ;)

I disagree with you about $5 an hour...interpreters have to travel all the time...think about it! gas gas gas!

oh really, interpreters get paid to get VRS building from their home, i didnt know that
GOOD LUCK WITH UR VOTING :wave:

OK vrsterp as long you dont know whats going on in the other blogs, I be happy to give you your sweet lollipop and say I rest my case here.

Richard

vrsterp said:
Ok You don't understand what this is about. Interpreters are not paid $5 an hour. You need to learn more about the FCC. By the way, TTY relay does not take an acquired SKILL like signing. Anyone who can type and talk can do text relay.

Even if we were paid $5 an hour, you need to realize that hearing people can't get SSI. We can't get tax money to supplement our income if it's low. We can't get low-income housing unless we have kids. We HAVE to work to survive.
So they are advantage of deaf ppl to vote asking FCC to keep that VRS, huh? BTW, I am not on SSI, I am working like u, hearing people

I did not say Sorenson interpreters were better. You need to read it again and try to understand before you make comments. You are not understanding this issue at all.
we here talk about Sorenson, where we got email from Sorenson, I havent gotten email from HOVRS, CSDVRS, hamilton or else

And by the way, when an interpreter switches after 15-20 mins, You think you are the first call they've had all day? NO. Guess what? Before you called, they could've been interpreting two hours straight, and maybe they need a break, or they've been there 10 hours and it's time for them to go home. Have some respect.
sheesh, interpreters expect to be respected what about callers some respects too and not once many swittched I mean often every 20 min and i have noticed 3rd or 4th back same interpreter

Why do they hire so many interpreters? BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE USING THE VIDEO PHONES and the VRS interpreters are NEEDED.
so do college/court/hospital/e.t.c. in my opinion for this town there's only one certified interpreter here :/

I have known 5 a hr not pay to interpreter but VRS company, now u get it? I still think its good enough, and it doesnt hurt only me one not vote, i m sure there's many deaf voting, good luck!

end of argument

vrsterp,

Sorry.. I do not believe you at all.. you have been bad mouthing against deafies on SSDI and SSI.... I already reported you to VRS.....

Thanks!!
SxyPorkie

SxyPorkie said:
vrsterp,

Sorry.. I do not believe you at all.. you have been bad mouthing against deafies on SSDI and SSI.... I already reported you to VRS.....

Thanks!!
SxyPorkie

SxyPorkie,

What you did was unnecessary to report to VRS on vrsterp. How do you know vrsterp’s actual name and her workplace? She may have learned from her deaf parents that they do not believe in SSI/SSDI. You can not blame the CODA.

She has rights to express her opinions. Keep in mind that she posted her opinions off the clock.

How would you feel if any member of AD contacts your boss?

I'm with Mookie here.

Bear in mind I do not know nor understand what is being talked about but reporting a person to VRS just because a person do not beleive in SSI/SSDI is uncalled for. I dont think the employer would care.

Anyways back to the subject at hand.

SxyPorkie said:
vrsterp,

Thanks!!
SxyPorkie

It isn't right for you to do that...It is her voice of opinions...nothing wrong with that...I respect her and other people's voice of opinions...but it doesnt mean I agree 100% all times...I respect them as well...

I dont think she has been bad mouthing against deafies at all...she is voicing her opinions...;)

FreeWoman77 said:
Please! Sorenson interpreters better? not all :aw: plus, I didnt like when I was talking with an interpreter for like 15 to 20 minutes interpreter asked me hold to change an interpreter, ugh, much interpreters? if so why hired many interpreters, some of them should have worked at college like here I need one, I am going to study at college this Summer, there no available interpreter in the mornings :/

About hold on you; they switch interpeter for each 2 hours or 2 hours and half.

About your college issue, its base on your college fund but if they need interpeter and the college has no excuse for not being able find one. Have they educated or heard about VRI? Would that be benefit for you?

About your father's speed ticket, if there is no interpreter. Decline and made another appointment until they get interpreter.

Back