Attention Australians

R2D2

Reaction score
My friend told me about a trial for internet relay service that the National Relay Service is currently doing at the moment. It's FREE.

You need Java to run it.

Here is the link:

National Relay Service

That's great news.

A lot of people have been waiting for it. It means potentially that people can use relay from their cell phones, something that deaf Australians haven't been able to do.

How long have you had internet relay in the States?

This is great news for deaf Australians.

It seems that IPRelay.com.au blocks international IP addrersses from getting through. Maybe this should be something the relay providers in the United States look into doing this to keep scammers from Africa from using the relay serrvices to scam innocent people.

Australian here answering your call.....

Really?! Fantastic! I must try it out and see if it'll take.

A lot of people have been waiting for it. It means potentially that people can use relay from their cell phones, something that deaf Australians haven't been able to do.

How long have you had internet relay in the States?
back in the late 90's via terminal emulation via mac software like Zterm, first with modem(telephone) then later on via internet(without need of telephone and 56K Modem)
ZTerm

terminal emulation is like VT-100 and VT-220.

Here in USA we still can use terminal emulator to connect to a national relay (in this case like AT&T which still support it) and make phone calls.
AT&T Relay

Later on, we had web based relay via internet then finally via IM (aim, msn, whatever)

now VRS w/webcam or vp

Back