AT&T's first Android phone, Motorola Backflip

It's also strange that AT&T is going with Yahoo! as the search engine of choice on the phone. Isn't this essentially a Google phone with everything google voice/maps/mail integrated. Wow, that would be one castrated phone if true. :roll:

It's also strange that AT&T is going with Yahoo! as the search engine of choice on the phone. Isn't this essentially a Google phone with everything google voice/maps/mail integrated. Wow, that would be one castrated phone if true. :roll:

Yahoo? I think AT&T set it to the homepage to Yahoo, but you can modify it back to Google or whatever you prefer.

Yahoo? I think AT&T set it to the homepage to Yahoo, but you can modify it back to Google or whatever you prefer.

Still, it's strange, nontheless. It's like AT&T as something against Google, after all, it would be the first Android phone to bypass not have Google's search app on it by default.

Still, it's strange, nontheless. It's like AT&T as something against Google, after all, it would be the first Android phone to bypass not have Google's search app on it by default.

Yeah, AT&T is a strange wireless company. :lol:

SBC Global (now known as AT&T) had a long relationship with Yahoo, Inc., that was probably why they have Yahoo! as their preferred provider.

The BackFlip looks somewhat better than VerizonWireless' Droid phones. I plan to check it out whenever I can.

SBC Global (now known as AT&T) had a long relationship with Yahoo, Inc., that was probably why they have Yahoo! as their preferred provider.

The BackFlip looks somewhat better than VerizonWireless' Droid phones. I plan to check it out whenever I can.

Hmmm, I didn't know that.

Hrmmmm Keyboard on the back of the phone .....

I would had preferred keyboard hidden and slide out but I will check this phone out and if it look good maybe be tempted to get this phone.

Also the phone in the picture look pretty thicker than more keyboard phones on the market, maybe the picture is fooling my eyes but it look pretty thick phone.

Will find out next week if this phone is worth getting or not.

I am eager to hear more about it when it come out, I been using Windows Mobile and I like phone with phycial keyboard and HTC make awesome phycial keyboard phones but mostly are Windows Mobile OSes.

If iPhone had a phycial slide out keyboard I would get one in fast.

Hrmmmm Keyboard on the back of the phone .....

I would had preferred keyboard hidden and slide out but I will check this phone out and if it look good maybe be tempted to get this phone.

Also the phone in the picture look pretty thicker than more keyboard phones on the market, maybe the picture is fooling my eyes but it look pretty thick phone.

Will find out next week if this phone is worth getting or not.

I am eager to hear more about it when it come out, I been using Windows Mobile and I like phone with phycial keyboard and HTC make awesome phycial keyboard phones but mostly are Windows Mobile OSes.

If iPhone had a phycial slide out keyboard I would get one in fast.

I don't like HTC phones. :\ I'm probably the only guy that hates HTC. :lol:

I'm done with Windows Mobile, ha.

I would like to check that Motorola Backflip as well. I'm planning to get a non-Windows Mobile phone someday.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

The Backflip is in no way any better than the Droid. It is essentally a Cliq phone with more memory and it only has 320x480 display. The Droid has a higher resolution display of 480x860 plus a stronger cpu. The only thing that stands out with the Backflip is that it is AT&T's first foray in to the Android OS.

Better than Droid? You bet.

Droid has higher resolution, faster CPU and latest Android OS since Backflip has low resolution, similar to Droid Eris or Devour and included with Android OS 1.5, according to phone arena website.

It shows that Backflip is no better than Droid, unless you care about design.

Both of Google Nexus and Droid are getting standard flash support soon, not lite since rest of other Android phone aren't, unless it is bundled with flash lite.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

The Backflip is in no way any better than the Droid. It is essentally a Cliq phone with more memory and it only has 320x480 display. The Droid has a higher resolution display of 480x860 plus a stronger cpu. The only thing that stands out with the Backflip is that it is AT&T's first foray in to the Android OS.

Agreed, even att realized about Android couldn't be customized whatever att want, except for UI and they don't approve HTC Lancaster in last year so got canceled.

Agreed. It's meh as it's shipping with android os 1.5 or 1.6. Weaksauce!

I've had this phone for awhile now and really like it.
It has a green led light for messages so I don't miss any.
Also has program where the whole screen lights up the the text message when I get one and have it to come back on every 5 minutes until answered.
Texting is real easy on it.
Email programs work great too.
Vibration is hard and strong with good settings.

I like everything about the phone. Great for a deaf person.

I've had this phone for awhile now and really like it.
It has a green led light for messages so I don't miss any.
Also has program where the whole screen lights up the the text message when I get one and have it to come back on every 5 minutes until answered.
Texting is real easy on it.
Email programs work great too.
Vibration is hard and strong with good settings.

I like everything about the phone. Great for a deaf person.

Cool, the downside of that phone that it runs an old version of Android OS.

Back