ASL Student in Missouri

JonRobrt

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is John and I have just started studying ASL and LOVE IT. It is very challenging and fun. My teacher is deaf and he is amazing and very patient with us. I am open to advice regarding anything pertaining to deaf culture or the Deaf community as a whole.

Have a great day,
John

Hey there! :welcome: to AD! Hope u enjoy it here! :)

Hey John,

I too am a student in ASL. I love it as well and am so upset I never took this earlier in my lifetime. But ... I'm doing it now and will be using it. However, next semester since I'll be out of school, I'm looking for another place to take it instead of paying over $1,000.00 a semester for the course. LOL, LOL. I won't give up!
Glad to see you hear!!!!

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! Glad to know that you love learning ASL and the challenges it gives. Also, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD! ;)

:wave:
Have a good day as well!

~RR

hey JON,

Did you go to FVCC ?? I am from St Louis, MO. heh.

Hello again, it is nice to feel so welcome! Yes MizzDeaf, I am going to FVCC!!! My background is 'tech' (electronics, math, physics, etc) so this is quite a departure for me and I am enjoying it a great deal. In my tech classes I was used to just putting in the time required and getting the results I wanted. So far, ASL has been quite different. I am putting in the time and then, when I go to class, I still look like a ninkumpoop (english translation of German word:)) This is a skill that is going to require a great deal of commitment!

Once again, thanks for making me feel welcome!!

John

I don't have one!! If my ASL gets better...I may migrate into the DCS program! I am enjoying this enough to continue but, I have many obligations. Hey, I looked for your blog and can't find it?? What's up??

Oh wait, I found it!

John

Jasper,

Sorry, I cannot tell from the photo if that is a Triumph or a Buell?? Little help here!!

John

Sorry, I cannot tell from the photo if that is a Triumph or a Buell?? Little help here!!

Its a triumph.. got a bit too close to the plasma cutter took the entire back end off.. I take it you ride.. not many people can pick out a triumph.. even with the name on the side of it.. :whip:

MizzDeaf wrote:

What blogging ?

I checked it out based on your signature. It came right up in a Google search.

Jasper, I love bikes but, haven't owned one in years. Your Avatar picture threw me because of the missing tail (like you said) and the dual round headlight is a pretty distinctive late model Triumph. If I'm not mistaken, Tom Cruise rode one in one of his MISSION IMPOSSIBLE movies right after the Triumph triple came out!!

:welcome: I went to St Louis for 12 years in my childhood for schooling. :)

Enjoy your stay and keep on posting! :thumb:

Back