ASL Occupations

Mellerz

Reaction score
Since I'm a senior in high school, I'll be graduating in May of next year. Too many times already I've been asked the questions, "what do you wanna do when you graduate? What are you going to study in college?"

I have a vague answer to those questions because all I know is that I want to do something that involves ASL. I've considered interpreting but there must me more jobs.

I guess what I'm looking for is suggestions. Is there a need for certain jobs in the Deaf community? Like does there need to be more doctors or lawyers that know ASL? I'm open to all ideas. Please help me out.

Thanks<3

You don't have to know what you want to do now, especially in high school. I've changed my career goals like 10 times.

If you are really into ASL, check out the Human Services field, opportunities for teaching ASL, and even working with youth/adults with disabilities as a Special Education Teacher.

that is why reason education and you go to interpreter? I wonder you how help assist for you necessary? help you are important to find out asl ?

Since I'm a senior in high school, I'll be graduating in May of next year. Too many times already I've been asked the questions, "what do you wanna do when you graduate? What are you going to study in college?"

I have a vague answer to those questions because all I know is that I want to do something that involves ASL. I've considered interpreting but there must me more jobs.

I guess what I'm looking for is suggestions. Is there a need for certain jobs in the Deaf community? Like does there need to be more doctors or lawyers that know ASL? I'm open to all ideas. Please help me out.

Thanks<3

There is an immense need for doctors/lawyers that knows ASL. Way too few of them around.

There is an shortage of interpreters.

As ASL is growing, there will be a need for ASL teachers from all sorts of levels.

There is an immense need for doctors/lawyers that knows ASL. Way too few of them around.

There is an shortage of interpreters.

As ASL is growing, there will be a need for ASL teachers from all sorts of levels.

more skills promote level best role better quality improve level hard because certification best level!! that is why

Back