ASL II Student

ak2381

Reaction score
Hey, I am an ASL II student looking for someone to Skype with so that I can continue to improve. I study nonstop with all my websites and both of my deaf studies teachers at my college helping me. Anyone who wants to chat I would love to talk to you. Message me!

Hi I'm Laura and I'm not taking any classes but my deaf friends teach me the basics if you still want to talk :aw:

Hi I'm Laura and I'm not taking any classes but my deaf friends teach me the basics if you still want to talk :aw:

**playing the violin indicating that it was repeated over and over again rolling my eyes**

Please go to the ASL class in city near your location. Geeze.

I just joined too and I noticed most posts of the Introduction are from people like me who are studying ASL and would love to practice. I think adding an ASL student forum would be neat and would free the general discussion from newbie looking for Skype friends like me. The truth is I don't think anyone will find Skype friends in here. It would help to have a "Sticky" that states:"look in your local community to find deaf people to sign with, you will not find it here".

There is a sticky under the "Sign Language & Oralism" section. You might have more luck there. You can also check out the "How do I sign..." thread. Smithtr provided some really good links above. Good luck!

Sunshine--Nothing beats an actual class.

Harryphilippe-- That would be because this site is for Deaf/Hard of Hearing people to come on and chat. It wasn't designed to be a place for waiting around to talk to students. Yes, there are a lot of students here, but that isn't the prime function of the site. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that your attitude won't go over well here with a lot of the long-term members of the site.

Back