ASL, But Not Really...

you did put a "s" in majors :)

:lol: Thanks! I feel better now. :hmm: Unless you were going to tell me it should have been "Linguistics Major!"

nope, I don't even know which is correct. as far as I'm concern, any of it could be correct. I'm just good at guessing on how to write things.

there should be an /s/ on linguistics. I am a linguistics major. Or rather was.

there should be an /s/ on linguistics. I am a linguistics major. Or rather was.

I do know. It was actually a typo when I left the "s" off the first time.

But it has been fun to watch the thread evolve from butchered ASL as the topic to a discussion of this sort! :wave:

I do know. It was actually a typo when I left the "s" off the first time.

But it has been fun to watch the thread evolve from butchered ASL as the topic to a discussion of this sort! :wave:

I am so ridiculously confused. I will just chalk it up to the fact that I have a migraine and go to sleep now. Maybe it will all make sense in the morning. Then again, perhaps not.

I am so ridiculously confused. I will just chalk it up to the fact that I have a migraine and go to sleep now. Maybe it will all make sense in the morning. Then again, perhaps not.

:lol: It won't! It's a little like one of the ridiculous discussions in Alice in Wonderland!

I love linguistic majors!!! :applause:

I just love linguistics.

What? Are you correcting me to tell me it should have ended in the letter "S"?

Didn't even notice. I understood you to mean you love the formal study of linguistics and those who study it formally.

I have never formally studied anything. I am both self educated and self deluded. But I love language in all of its many aspects. Certain aspects of language are so fascinating to me I can sit and think about them and lose all track of time.

My wife says I get in my Asparagus mode. (She means Asperger's syndrome, which she says I should be tested for, but she believes Asparagus is more appropriate because I just sit around and vegetate when I get to thinking.)

:lol: It won't! It's a little like one of the ridiculous discussions in Alice in Wonderland!

I also love Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.

Didn't even notice. I understood you to mean you love the formal study of linguistics and those who study it formally.

I have never formally studied anything. I am both self educated and self deluded. But I love language in all of its many aspects. Certain aspects of language are so fascinating to me I can sit and think about them and lose all track of time.

My wife says I get in my Asparagus mode. (She means Asperger's syndrome, which she says I should be tested for)

I also love Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.

Brother! I have Asperger's! So see there is another group you fit in. :wave:

Seems the OP is long gone, but still bonding ADers in common ground!

Maybe the OP is gone since we hijacked the thread...but we are on the spectrum so we don't have social skills so we could argue that we are unaware of our hijacking.

Maybe the OP is gone since we hijacked the thread...but we are on the spectrum so we don't have social skills so we could argue that we are unaware of our hijacking.

:rofl: I am with you. Certain you are correct!

Back