ask

i do take excedrin.

excedrin extra strength used to work well for me many years ago, but eventually it stopped being effective. now the only med that helps me is imitrex. of course, i've never tried other migraine meds like zomig (which from what i understand has a faster absorption rate than imitrex -- 5 minutes compared to 15), so i don't know how well it would work. for all i know, it could work even better than imitrex.

excedrin extra strength used to work well for me many years ago, but eventually it stopped being effective. now the only med that helps me is imitrex. of course, i've never tried other migraine meds like zomig (which from what i understand has a faster absorption rate than imitrex -- 5 minutes compared to 15), so i don't know how well it would work. for all i know, it could work even better than imitrex.

thats cool. excedrin dosent completely take it away, but it decreases the pain a little.

thats cool. excedrin dosent completely take it away, but it decreases the pain a little.

have you ever thought about taking a migraine med or preventative? i was recently put on topamax and am looking forward to seeing how well it helps decrease my migraines. years ago, i used to take verapamil as a preventative which worked well for me. unfortunately, i can no longer remember why i stopped taking it.

have you ever thought about taking a migraine med or preventative? i was recently put on topamax and am looking forward to seeing how well it helps decrease my migraines. years ago, i used to take verapamil as a preventative which worked well for me. unfortunately, i can no longer remember why i stopped taking it.

i used to take imatrex, but it didnt help. i might see about going back to the doctor. especially since tuesday is the last day of the semester.

i used to take imatrex, but it didnt help. i might see about going back to the doctor. especially since tuesday is the last day of the semester.

did you take the 100mg tablets of imitrex? they're supposed to be better than the 50mg dosage. (i take 100mg of imitrex since the 50mg tablets don't do a thing for me)

by the way, if excedrin partially helps your migraine pain, i'm sure 100mg of imitrex will eliminate the pain completely. of course, the only way to find that out is to try it. i hope it helps.

by the way, if excedrin partially helps your migraine pain, i'm sure 100mg of imitrex will eliminate the pain completely. of course, the only way to find that out is to try it. i hope it helps.

thanks a ton. have you ever noticed that if you get one migraine in a day you are more likely to get another?

thanks a ton. have you ever noticed that if you get one migraine in a day you are more likely to get another?

if left untreated, my migraines tend to last for 3 days -- and sometimes up to a week.

however, my doctor told me that preventatives are excellent for preventing migraines before they start. sometimes they don't eliminate your chances of getting a migraine, but they do cut down on them significantly.

my old neurologist who i used to see for my migraines once told me about rebound headaches. he said rebound headaches occur when a person takes too much tylenol. eventually, the body builds up a resistance to the tylenol and that causes rebound headaches.

right now i'm on a very low dose of topamax (25mg). my doctor said it will take 3-4 weeks before i'm able to tell a difference in my migraines. since this is such a low dose (the general rule with topamax is to always start patients off slow), she told me to expect that we will need to increase the topamax to a moderate or high dose. sometimes dosages for topamax can be as high as 100mg or 200mg, so if the 25mg doesn't work for me, we'll titrate up to 50mg, then 100mg and finally 200mg if needed.

if left untreated, my migraines tend to last for 3 days -- and sometimes up to a week.

however, my doctor told me that preventatives are excellent for preventing migraines before they start. sometimes they don't eliminate your chances of getting a migraine, but they do cut down on them significantly.

my old neurologist who i used to see for my migraines once told me about rebound headaches. he said rebound headaches occur when a person takes too much tylenol. eventually, the body builds up a resistance to the tylenol and that causes rebound headaches.

right now i'm on a very low dose of topamax (25mg). my doctor said it will take 3-4 weeks before i'm able to tell a difference in my migraines. since this is such a low dose (the general rule with topamax is to always start patients off slow), she told me to expect that we will need to increase the topamax to a moderate or high dose. sometimes dosages for topamax can be as high as 100mg or 200mg, so if the 25mg doesn't work for me, we'll titrate up to 50mg, then 100mg and finally 200mg if needed.

thank you a ton. when semester is over i might just go back to the doctor. thanks.

thank you a ton. when semester is over i might just go back to the doctor. thanks.

good luck. let me know how everything works out.

by the way, when you do see a doctor, you might want to get a referral to a neurologist. they're specialized and know how to treat/address migraines. they also have more experience when it comes to migraine meds. instead of a doctor who may blindly (forgive the pun) prescribe one med after another, neurologists have more of a familiarity with migraine meds and how they work -- especially if you have special health conditions like asthma that prevent you from taking beta-blockers.

i'll be seeing a neurologist soon for my severe cts. when i do, i plan to ask if i can be monitored and treated for my migraines as well. i might as well kill two birds with one stone if i can.

good luck. let me know how everything works out.

by the way, when you do see a doctor, you might want to get a referral to a neurologist. they're specialized and know how to treat/address migraines. they also have more experience when it comes to migraine meds. instead of a doctor who may blindly (forgive the pun) prescribe one med after another, neurologists have more of a familiarity with migraine meds and how they work -- especially if you have special health conditions like asthma that prevent you from taking beta-blockers.

i'll be seeing a neurologist soon for my severe cts. when i do, i plan to ask if i can be monitored and treated for my migraines as well. i might as well kill two birds with one stone if i can.

I hope that works out for you. I went to a neurologist several years ago for the same reason, but stopped going because on the first try of medicine he didnt give me something that helped, so my mother didnt want to try again.

i didnt cts could be treated by a neurologist.

depending upon severity, cts can be treated by neurologists through acupuncture or cortizone shots.

if a case is severe like mine, it is treated by a hand surgeon through open release or endoscopic surgery.

since i've elected to try physical therapy first, i've decided to see a neurologist before a hand surgeon. if physical therapy doesn't help (which it usually doesn't in severe cases of cts), i'll ask my neurologist for a referral to a hand surgeon so we can discuss my options for surgery.

I hope that works out for you. I went to a neurologist several years ago for the same reason, but stopped going because on the first try of medicine he didnt give me something that helped, so my mother didnt want to try again.

i can understand that. i've always had pain in my left wrist and arm (especially when the weather changes from hot to cold). the neurologist i used to see gave me acupuncture and 2 cortizone shots. neither of them helped, so i stopped seeing him.

i also saw that same neurologist for my migraines. he was an excellent doctor who i had a great patient/doctor relationship with, but i don't remember why i stopped seeing him.

depending upon severity, cts can be treated by neurologists through acupuncture or cortizone shots.

if a case is severe like mine, it is treated by a hand surgeon through open release or endoscopic surgery.

since i've elected to try physical therapy first, i've decided to see a neurologist before a hand surgeon. if physical therapy doesn't help (which it usually doesn't in severe cases of cts), i'll ask my neurologist for a referral to a hand surgeon so we can discuss my options for surgery.

thats cool, i hope you dont need surgery.

i can understand that. i've always had pain in my left wrist and arm (especially when the weather changes from hot to cold). the neurologist i used to see gave me acupuncture and 2 cortizone shots. neither of them helped, so i stopped seeing him.

i also saw that same neurologist for my migraines. he was an excellent doctor who i had a great patient/doctor relationship with, but i don't remember why i stopped seeing him.

im sorry.

Back