Are you coming to Pittsburgh?

I have already been to Pittsburgh, I didn't really care for it at all. The streets are very oddly organised and I got so lost. I'm no stanger to city driving, but the layout of roads in Pittsburgh is haphazard at best.

Yeah, it's easy to get lost here. Sorry you had that experience!

Yeah, it's easy to get lost here. Sorry you had that experience!

I was near the Fort Pitt area driving in circles past a big bank and a church and lots of hotels. I was near some parking garage, no idea where I was at exactly, but I can navigate D.C. much easier, even when my friend's GPS was apparently trying to kill us by sending us the wrong way on one-way streets..lol

I remember when I first started driving in Pittsburgh. Before that I walked and used buses. Then I got a car and went for a road trip to a party in Ohio. I got there fine, and I got most of the way back fine, but when I got close to home, I couldn't find my way back to my part of town. I was on these major highways, and no matter what I did I kept overshooting the place I wanted to go to. It had never occurred to me that I needed to learn how to get back into Pittsburgh, not just get back to Pittsburgh. I drove around for a really long time before I stumbled on the right road. It was a relief to get home that night.

I grew up pretty far outside any city, and once you get to where you're going, you're just there. No tricks to know:0

Anyway I know my way around much better now:)

Oh neat - customization:)

I noticed his 4 fingered F. At first I was thinking it would be a challenge, but then started realizing how rarely it (four fingers) would probably be an issue. Still, I wasn't sure if most paws (etc) are made to allow for sufficient movement and clarity, but it sounds like you really make things work. Coool.
Just about every single fursuit you see in the furry fandom is a one off, custom built suit. usually including hundreds of hrs of work and can cost many thousands of dollars...

I am native Pittsburgh, and I believe the reason behind this is that they got thousand of expensive bridges to take care of. Heard majority of them are in need of repairs and Commonwealth of PA dept of transportation gets broke fast and easy because of excessive number of bridges and tunnels to take care of. Also plenty of strange and crazy patterns of road makes construction even more of nightmare. I still have clear map of Pgh roads, and my wife kept telling me Im going wrong way, I told her F&^%K that GPS, they are wrong! I ended up was right, LOL

That did happened to me. There is a lot of detours around in and out of Rochester lately. I could not stand it. I got lost for about 45 minutes to figure out how to get to my friend's house after GPS ended up not showing alternate route when there are detours and construction blocked on a long road and route 490/590 ramp highway as well....

May I suggest some ideas how to drive in a city you have not been to? Research the city first by going on websites that offers map such as Bing, MapQuest, Google, etc. You should know your destination where you want to go such as the address and then check on your computer long time before you travel. I was not lost at all with my trip to Louisville and Elkhart last month because I studied for SIX months before I headed on the road. I used those websites, AAA, and compare them. I also used satellite photos and eye level view of places where I needed to go. I memorized it then went down without a problem. Do your homework prior your traveling. If you have questions about where to go to and you have family or friends or company executives in another city where you have to go, please feel free to ask them as well. I memorized my destination by looking those photos of hotels I went to, the KY Expo Center and several locations including a factory in Elkhart by looking at those map eye level photos. This I am talking about the little yellow man with the arrow and you place it. I already am currently researching Cancun I am traveling with my wife and my father and his wife as we are going on vacation. Now I know a few places in my mind how to get there by seeing the views online!

Hope that helps! I do not trust GPS at all. I still use it old fashioned way. They earn it!

That did happened to me. There is a lot of detours around in and out of Rochester lately. I could not stand it. I got lost for about 45 minutes to figure out how to get to my friend's house after GPS ended up not showing alternate route when there are detours and construction blocked on a long road and route 490/590 ramp highway as well....

I noticed that too. Was there in Greece to speak with a Dealer near First Baptist Bible Church and we are from Liverpool, NY. We were up there last Summer. Everywhere. And many roads lately are poorly build. We need to stick to like what the Germans built. We use eleven inches thick pavement for highways. Too thin! Germans use twenty-seven inches thick and they are best in the world with their Autobahn and that is where you can legally drive so quickly! I know United States is about 50 times bigger or more than what Germany is and the cost. So, still, safety and long term is best by making roads thicker.

Back