Are you a brave toaster?

Had to follow this one after I posted to the other of "getting to know you" threads from Birdie!
Let's see.. physical yucky first; severe both knee arthritis, bone-on-bone, need replacements so walk with a cane. fibromyalgia. ADHD. bursitis. psoriasis. plantar fascitis. tmj. mitral valve prolapse (with PVC's like crazy).
AND DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY OF IT. What can I say, crappy genetics.
I still hike (takes me forever and if I over do it, lays me up a day, but I have to)
When I get my knees fixed I'm good to go.

The other stuff... I'm opinionated, stubborn as a mule and can procrastinate with the best of them.

Oh yeah, let's not forget a good 40lbs overweight.

:D
All in all, perfect.

I like to catch huge moths in my house and feel the wings flutter in my hands before I set it free outside :D

When I was about four, I caught a butterfly in our living room and was going to set it free outside. Then my brother (much older) told me that if the wings touched me I was going to die of a terrible poison... which in retrospect probably made me scared of them in the first place :giggle:

I'm a big time procrastinator (typing this instead of working more on papers :giggle:)... I have a hard time taking a compliment in person. I'm getting better at it and my friends have just told me "Shut up, nod your head yes and say 'thank you'" hehe

I also love keeping things in order. But, it's what makes me a good website admin for my friend's website :D

When I was about four, I caught a butterfly in our living room and was going to set it free outside. Then my brother (much older) told me that if the wings touched me I was going to die of a terrible poison... which in retrospect probably made me scared of them in the first place :giggle:

Ugh, your brother reminds me of my sister. She told me there were roaches in black olives... so even to this day, I still look inside the olives before I eat them :roll:

It's Harry the Hairy Moth!!

2_61_moth.jpg

it looks like the one from Silence of the Lamb

We have huge flying tree roaches here. Whenever one gets in house, I start screaming and run. It's really pathetic. Those suckers will fly at you if you try to hit them. Can't handle that!

We have huge flying tree roaches here. Whenever one gets in house, I start screaming and run. It's really pathetic. Those suckers will fly at you if you try to hit them. Can't handle that!

((shudders))

((cringes))

((shudders again))

Another flaw: I'm very socially awkward in RL when I'm uncomfortable in a situation or if I'm in a situation where I don't know people very well. Usually when I'm around people I know, I know exactly what to say... but this is quite the opposite when in an uncomfortable situation.

Loghead, you're young and you'll grow more confident over time. I was a "late bloomer" and I improved my social skills over time. I suspect that you will, too.

I hate bugs. The creepier they are the faster I get away!!!:P

Lets be roomies!! :D

Psst.. that's not a flaw! :cool2:

My ex roommates and I used to get into bad fights about it. They were slobs and I was the total opposite. They used to make me feel bad about being who I was.

What do you mean by "late bloomer"?

just that people developed later than within normal time frame. don't worry - I'm a late bloomer for everything :)

just that people developed later than within normal time frame. don't worry - I'm a late bloomer for everything :)

I don't think I'm a late bloomer. I just have a lot of social anxieties that I will gradually learn how to cope with.

I don't think I'm a late bloomer. I just have a lot of social anxieties that I will gradually learn how to cope with.

Psst.. Loghead, You're 16, almost 17, you're supposed to have social anxieties and teen angst. You're (quiver from using the word...) normal. Self esteem, confidence, all that Crap, comes with time. I think you're pretty cool. :cool2:

I see. a lot of people have social anxieties at young age but it's normal. there's a certain time frame where most people get over it and some gets over it later than normal.

I hope you do get over it soon! college time is usually when most people get over it. they usually come back as different people after a year - a more confident person. don't worry :)

Back