Are there any "real" tinnitus remedies?

I am an ENT Doctor and i think that people are suffering from this disease just because of lack of knowledge and tinnitus is not a disease in fact it is a mind set.Tinnitus Relief Information - Your Guide To Relieving Ear Noise is presenting very clear view of tinnitus with its remedies and causes. I am very thankful to all of the people who are spreading message to masses. Stay healthy and keep spreading hope.

That link looks to be a disguised advert for one of the scam miracle cure's the original poster mentioned.

I also don't buy into the claim that everyone is needlessly suffering tinnitus due to their "mind set". It is a symptom and can have a number of causes.
For me I recognize my brain is not used to the sudden silence after 30 years of processing sound. Vascular and physical abnormalities are also interfering. My brain tries to hear something - and it didn't come with an off switch. Apparently this happens to hearing people left in a quiet room too:
Fact sheet: Tinnitus - National Library of Medicine - PubMed Health

Simular to what others have mentioned for me the solution is getting the ideal volume setting on my hearing aid. That ideal varies from day to day and even with the weather.

I also don't buy into the claim that everyone is needlessly suffering tinnitus due to their "mind set". It is a symptom and can have a number of causes.

Absolutely. Any source that attempts to describe it as a mindset should be laughed at and ignored.

Tinnitus has been lifelong for me. I have never known complete silence. Normally, it's a low level "hum" of some sort that I can easily ignore. Other times it's been ringing to outright overwhelming screeching in direct response to further damage to my hearing.

And I can't believe "mind set" came from a supposed ENT doctor.

I've had tinnitus all my adult life. If I had it as a kid I either don't remember it or didn't know what it was. Mine is a hum-hum-hum sound. I don't have it at all times. Mostly after hearing repetitive sounds like the TV or music. So when I step away from sounds, then the tinnitus comes, sometimes.

My mom said she experienced this right after CI surgery.
Although she says it is still present, the ringing fades within the first few months.
I wish you the best of luck!

Alley cat, I can. I'm sure that others may have experienced this in their lifetime. But often times when Physicians don't know what you're talking about, or downplay your condition they will often say that it's either a "mindset" thing, or psychological. If you come across doctors who favor those statements, it's time to move on. It is possible in some cases that the doctor is right, but for most it's a way to not deal with the actual issue at hand, due to lack of experience or handling too many hypochondriacs. Sad, huh?

Back