Are my aids Streamer compatible?

Deaf not daft

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am new here and have to say..................
'I so wish I had found this place 3 years ago lmao'!!!

Anyway, I wanted to ask a question, 'would my NHS hearing aids (Oticon Spirit Zest & Spirit Zest P) be compatible with an Oticon Streamer?

Thanks in advance to those who can help.

Steve.

My audiologist told me the same as Sarfarigirl2011 that the Oticon streamer only works with the latest Oticon HAs. I got new Oticon HAs (Oticon Spirit Zest C SP) in July which are designed to work with the Oticon streamer, but I have to save up my pennies to get it myself as it's not provided for on the NHS. I hope to get a streamer by Christmas.

I Agree, with Sarfarigirl2011. Really, only the newer and updated Oticon hearing aids are compatible with the streamer.

How did you guys manage to get new HAs out of the NHS?

I've had my Siemens Reflex DSPs for nearly four years now with no chance of an upgrade. Even if my hearing gets worse they'll just turn the volume up, apparently they're already amongst the most powerful aids available, so they won't be giving me new ones.

I've worn HAs for over forty years, since I was a kid, and in all that time I've only had four sets of aids, which averages new ones every ten years!

When I went to an assessment for Disabled Students Allowance a few years ago the guy there said he'd seen people with HAs much older than mine. So maybe I should just move to another area!

Back