Apple, Inc. & Hearing Aid Manufacturers

InfamousMacBook

Reaction score
If I am understanding this correctly, Apple, Inc. plans to team up with leading Hearing Aid Manufacturers to make hearing aids designed specifically for the iPhone. What are your thoughts on this? Would it be something you would buy, or use for trial? Why for? Let me know. I am very curious because as a "new" HoH/Deaf person it just seems awesome to me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-21 at 5.57.27 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-06-21 at 5.57.27 PM.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 26
If I am understanding this correctly, Apple, Inc. plans to team up with leading Hearing Aid Manufacturers to make hearing aids designed specifically for the iPhone. What are your thoughts on this? Would it be something you would buy, or use for trial? Why for? Let me know. I am very curious because as a "new" HoH/Deaf person it just seems awesome to me.

Man, I wish Apple MADE HEARING AIDS...and not just for use with the iPhone.

That would be so freaking awesome. I'd buy two. Although I can only hear out of one ear, the second would be my backup. :)

Man, I wish Apple MADE HEARING AIDS...and not just for use with the iPhone.

That would be so freaking awesome. I'd buy two. Although I can only hear out of one ear, the second would be my backup. :)

And dont forget it would be twice the price of any other aid because its got a apple logo

In 5 years later, people who wear it, get cancer in their ears or getting deaf than ever.

I don't think they would cost as much and if they are made alongside a hearing aid manufacturer already then they would work with regular hearing and not just iPhone. I am excited about this. Mainly because I used to be able to talk on the phone and now its to hard for me.

why do you need the phone when you can just text? I can talk on the phone very well but I never do b/c now there's texting.

I hope this is true, i tried using the phone part of it with the T-coil on, never really helped. Tried the HA function too, it seems too quiet for me! the only thing that's working for me right now is the personal audio cable.

I thought it would be nice for video games hearing the environmental sounds better. I also don't sign and my parents don't sign or text so I am forced to talk to them on the phone as they don't email either. My mom always has to repeat what my dad saying and I just figured it would make a lot easier if I was able to hear better if they made HAs with bluetooth for phone with maybe different beeps in my ears for alerts because the iPhone has weak vibrate in my opinion.

Back