App that will play ONLY the subtitle file?

Dory

Reaction score
I have Netflix and we all know the issue they have with only captioning Lost and a few other movies with Watch Instantly.

Then I found the Subtitles app for my iPhone and I love it! It just plays the subtitles, no muss no fuss. The only problem is it's kind of hard to switch eyes back and forth from screen to iphone constantly and it makes me a little dizzy.

Does anyone know of a similar application for macs?

Then I could set my macbook close to the bottom of my tv and have the subtitles show up a lot bigger on the macbook's screen. Movie on the tv screen, subtitles on the macbook screen.

I already tried VLC and it won't play the subtitle file without the movie file. I want something that will play the subtitle file alone like the Subtitles app for the iPhone does.

P.S. I found codeman38's script (he made a version of Josh Erickson's script but for mac) that changes the SRT file to a file Netflix can use but I don't know how to make it work.

I believe Ron Jaxon a while back created a how-to on how to do this... i dont think it was here on AD but on his website or blog or something. Basically he had a all-black 4 hr moving that you just loaded the subtitle track into and let it play. Then you could just position the player where ever you wanted, above or below the video you are watching.
Hopefully he pops-by here and gives you the link. I don't remember it anymore.
*EQL*

Back