Anything "unusual" happen to you today or lately?

You can come see me! All you need to do here today is stand in the yard and open your mouth, and let me pour a little lime syrup in! Instant snow cone. :lol:

'round here nobody eats snowcones that look yellow. Make sure yours are nice and pretty. :lol:

At my family doctor's request: went to a Cardiac stress test this afternoon. Seems I easily "passed". Endurance swimming does have "heart benefits". Just continue-swimming as usual.

Free snow, free snow! Come and collect as much you can and make some $$$ with snow cones! :D

You can come see me! All you need to do here today is stand in the yard and open your mouth, and let me pour a little lime syrup in! Instant snow cone. :lol:

This weather is so weird right now. You getting snow we are getting HOT!!!

Our weather reports calls it "Fire & Ice"

California fires starting up early this year. Sad the one burning now is off Highway 1 which has the most beautiful coastal scenery.

This weather is so weird right now. You getting snow we are getting HOT!!!

Our weather reports calls it "Fire & Ice"

California fires starting up early this year. Sad the one burning now is off Highway 1 which has the most beautiful coastal scenery.

I saw it on the national news tonight, that they are early and really bad. Hope you are not close to them.

Wirelessly posted

Yes, they ruined my hair color !

Yeah...speaking of those fires....read where they said "we are at the mercy of Mother Nature"...and the winds......:shock:....

Remembering too...the wild fires we had here in my city years ago...the air was filled with smut and ash....hard to breathe out there....Hoping they can get it under control very soon.

I saw it on the national news tonight, that they are early and really bad. Hope you are not close to them.

No, not close Botti thanks. Just HOT almost 100 degrees today but cooling next week.

Heard a fire burning 43 square miles of land in S. CA, that's about the size of Boston or San Francisco city limits.

Heard a fire burning 43 square miles of land in S. CA, that's about the size of Boston or San Francisco city limits.

Heat from the desert, Santa Ana winds then the cool coastal breeze sends the fire back up the mountain. This is a hard fire to fight. My brother in law and nephew are there. Boy we sure have had some terrible fires here in California over the years:-(
I believe it will be a bad year for fires, hope I'm wrong.
I've lived here all my life and for the last 20 years have avoided all of natures furey. Once I left the Bay Area and L.A. There have been no earthquakes for me. I have been in four big ones and I finally had enough. Now I live on solid granite and rock and no earthquakes reported in my area.....yet!!!

Heat from the desert, Santa Ana winds then the cool coastal breeze sends the fire back up the mountain. This is a hard fire to fight. My brother in law and nephew are there. Boy we sure have had some terrible fires here in California over the years:-(
I believe it will be a bad year for fires, hope I'm wrong.
I've lived here all my life and for the last 20 years have avoided all of natures furey. Once I left the Bay Area and L.A. There have been no earthquakes for me. I have been in four big ones and I finally had enough. Now I live on solid granite and rock and no earthquakes reported in my area.....yet!!!

I'm from California and I already know these shit but I'm from North California and have been through series of earthquakes. Most of the fires are in the Sierra mountains and in S. CA where it's mostly common.

I'm from California and I already know these shit but I'm from North California and have been through series of earthquakes. Most of the fires are in the Sierra mountains and in S. CA where it's mostly common.

So you've been through the earthquakes too? Not fun, right? I was in the San Fernando eartquake, I think it was around 6.3. The other big one I was in was the Loma Prieta 7.1. That one did some major damage to my house, I had to get away. Did you leave California, or still here?

So you've been through the earthquakes too? Not fun, right? I was in the San Fernando eartquake, I think it was around 6.3. The other big one I was in was the Loma Prieta 7.1. That one did some major damage to my house, I had to get away. Did you leave California, or still here?

At first it was scary but wasn't so bad afterwards. I do the remember the 7.1 quake and that was on my birthday, what a way to spoil my day lol. I left California in 2000 and lived in Washington state for 10 years. There was another big quake in Seattle which was a 6.8 on Feb 28, 2001. They called it Rattle in Seattle, which it rythms, lol.

At first it was scary but wasn't so bad afterwards. I do the remember the 7.1 quake and that was on my birthday, what a way to spoil my day lol. I left California in 2000 and lived in Washington state for 10 years. There was another big quake in Seattle which was a 6.8 on Feb 28, 2001. They called it Rattle in Seattle, which it rythms, lol.

Yes the Loma Prieta quake was 10/17/89 was mine and hubby's anniversary. We were suppose to be going to Santa Cruz for dinner that night which got hit very hard. We lost our chimmney, refrigerator fell over, pool cracked and it was quite the mess in the house. I was 8 months pregnant at the time. That was the quake where a lot of people were saved because they were at the Baseball game. Otherwise the death toll would have been so much higher. Unfortunately no warning systems for earthquakes!!!:-(. I still love living in California, born and raised, I'm a Valley Girl!!!

Yes the Loma Prieta quake was 10/17/89 was mine and hubby's anniversary. We were suppose to be going to Santa Cruz for dinner that night which got hit very hard. We lost our chimmney, refrigerator fell over, pool cracked and it was quite the mess in the house. I was 8 months pregnant at the time. That was the quake where a lot of people were saved because they were at the Baseball game. Otherwise the death toll would have been so much higher. Unfortunately no warning systems for earthquakes!!!:-(. I still love living in California, born and raised, I'm a Valley Girl!!!

I was just a kid at the time. My dad and I were playing the old Nintendo system when the earthquake hit living in Sebastopol up north. We had to vacate the house to the open land (We lived on a farm property temporary). The damage was minor, nothing bad.

I was just a kid at the time. My dad and I were playing the old Nintendo system when the earthquake hit living in Sebastopol up north. We had to vacate the house to the open land (We lived on a farm property temporary). The damage was minor, nothing bad.

If you were to come back to California, what part would you like to move to?

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Angel1989 said:
sequoias said:

If you were to come back to California, what part would you like to move to?

Really, I don't know anymore because California isnt what it used to be. Depends where the diverse enough economy is. We are in a limbo whether to move to California or Washington state in a few years. No solid decisions yet.

Last edited:
Back