Anyone try to use a Seafoam on your car?

I caught this video after view repeat. Intake valves in ports. Did you see turbocharger there in very first second of video time? I don't know what engine come from... maybe Volvo.

No, It's 2009 MINI Cooper S. Click youtube video link to full page and read thread. Yes, turbocharger engine.
2009-mini-cooper-s-convertible-16-liter-turbocharged-inline-4-engine-photo-323576-s-520x318.jpg

No, It's 2009 MINI Cooper S. Click youtube video link to full page and read thread. Yes, turbocharger engine.
2009-mini-cooper-s-convertible-16-liter-turbocharged-inline-4-engine-photo-323576-s-520x318.jpg

Got it. I didn't know. I am slow learner. Thk for Ed me. I am right about the turbocharger but the intake valves in a newer Mini Cooper engine, got carbon build up fast. I've not smogging a turbocharged Mini Cooper before. :hmm: Dst

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Ausrider said:
Chunks of carbon will not scratch the cylinder walls and always purge from exhaust ports, sometime circle back to EGR passages. Scratched bores (scored bores) are caused overheat, dirty oil or improper oil and dirty air induct (means air filter in housing, missing or deleted or improper filter seating in the housing). No worry about chunks of carbon.

IF seafoam does what it says it does im all for it, im just worried about causing more problems.

I was thinking about putting it in the gas tank to clean the injectors. It does have a high percentage of alcohol content, so worry ab
out it eating up the rubber seals and the gaskets, etc.

If your car can take fuel with ethanol in it it should be a problem, check with the manufacturer.

My car doesn't run on E 85. Sometimes a product they advertise is all bullshit. I used to put in chevron techron in my car long time ago since Honda recommended doing that. I dunno abt seafoam or b44T.

My car doesn't run on E 85. Sometimes a product they advertise is all bullshit. I used to put in chevron techron in my car long time ago since Honda recommended doing that. I dunno abt seafoam or b44T.

You will need to explain US fuel to me as here the highest ethanol we have in fuel is 10%.

Ausrider said:

You will need to explain US fuel to me as here the highest ethanol we have in fuel is 10%.

E85 is basically 85% ethanol with 15% petro. Its common in the midwest states.

Wow 85% is really high, why wont your car run on e85? Is it not recommended

Wow 85% is really high, why wont your car run on e85? Is it not recommended

It's because it's a 2000 Honda Civic, that was before E-85 was introduced and newer cars are designed to run on it. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc.

As far as I am aware its the alcohol from ethanol that damages the rubber hoses in the car, it would be best to check with Honda, I heard subaru makes a product like seafoam and they recommend it in all their cars so maybe you can use it

It's because it's a 2000 Honda Civic, that was before E-85 was introduced and newer cars are designed to run on it. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALfILq4uzDI&feature=related]E85 Flex Fuel Conversion Fuel Up - YouTube[/ame]

105 octane from E-85? wtf.. I use to super unleaded for my sportcar.. = /

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx6FtWEzFzI&feature=related[/ame]

0-60 MPH in 3 Seconds, running E85 Flex Fuel? you got kidding?

Ethanol from memory has a very high RON and oxygen content so when the car is tuned specially for that exact fuel only it can provide great benefits.

Ausrider said:
As far as I am aware its the alcohol from ethanol that damages the rubber hoses in the car, it would be best to check with Honda, I heard subaru makes a product like seafoam and they recommend it in all their cars so maybe you can use it

Hmm good idea. Maybe Honda has something similar to seafoam.

Well, I used about half bottle of seafoam in the gas tank and drove it around. Yes, it does work. I did notice a difference in power..quicker and smoother acceleration, engine breathes a bit better. I wonder if there will be a difference when cleaning out the intake valves by pouring a bit in the intake bypass hose. Of course, it will cause lots of white smoke coming out of the exhaust.

I wonder if there will be a difference when cleaning out the intake valves by pouring a bit in the intake bypass hose. Of course, it will cause lots of white smoke coming out of the exhaust.

Cuz of bad catalytic converter has been clogged. Seafoam can remove catalytic converter odor and cleaning. It's save your money for avoid replace new one cost around $500+ (domestic car) and $1,000+ (imported car)

Bad-cat3.jpg

Bad-cat2.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
Cuz of bad catalytic converter has been clogged. Seafoam can remove catalytic converter odor and cleaning. It's save your money for avoid replace new one cost around $500+ (domestic car) and $1,000+ (imported car)

Bad-cat3.jpg

Bad-cat2.jpg

attachment.php

The guttered cats are caused by over rich fuel metering like leaky fuel pressure regulator or injector(s). Remove odor from cat converter? I have no idea. Clean dirty cats? Sound like I shot the lazy cat with 1 fl oz of Seafoam into the intake manifold to light up the cat (heat up the cold cat) to see if the cat works efficiency. Dirty cats are high emission tailpipes that can't met the tightest emission measurement, often replace new cats.

In California, all the cat converters for OBD-I and OBD-II vehicles to market to the muffler shops or repair shops, must have CARB stamped on the cat converters. Or smog inspector will fail it for moddied cat converter(s). BAR discovered the imported cat converters were not met the emission requirements (I think in 2008 or before), stop the imported cats. The cat converters from dealers is no problem. You may never buy a cat converter in California to install a failed car yourself. Sound crazy but I follow the rule. Ecckkk

Last edited:
Catalytic Converters click numbers see prices for california only cuz of smog law. non-california cat conv are cheapers on 49 states exept california.

The cats market in 49 states, emits more emissions than CARB certified cats, both cats are same size to fit the vehicles without cut the exhaust pipes. Just bolt on cats. Sometime bolt on cats look like new factory OEM from dealer, smog inspector will not notice it.

Catalytic Converters click numbers see prices for california only cuz of smog law. non-california cat conv are cheapers on 49 states exept california.

Oh yeah it's Mazda and I hate it so much already.

I have Subaru and Mazda. Mazda's part cost almost double for everything than my Subaru for parts. I wish i should not buy mazda in first place. I plan to rid of my Mazda by next year after I rebuild the engine for my Subaru. Funny thing Subaru made from Japanese only and Mazda made from USA/Japnese. That's right Mazda is not really 100% Japanese.

In California, all the cat converters for OBD-I and OBD-II vehicles to market to the muffler shops or repair shops, must have CARB stamped on the cat converters. Or smog inspector will fail it for moddied cat converter(s). BAR discovered the imported cat converters were not met the emission requirements (I think in 2008 or before), stop the imported cats. The cat converters from dealers is no problem. You may never buy a cat converter in California to install a failed car yourself. Sound crazy but I follow the rule. Ecckkk

I better not move to CA in future. Sorry dude.

Back