Anyone playing netball?

geekchick

Reaction score
Giddy everyone!
I wanted to know if anyone playing netball? Involved deaf/ hearing team/s? Which position? Have you involved comp with other states or countries?

Many in other country don't know what is netball?! "Netball is a non-contact generally indoor sport similar to, and derived from, basketball. It is usually known as a women's sport. It was originally known in its country of origin, the United States, as "women's basketball". Invented in 1895 by Clara Gregory Baer, a pioneer in women's sport, netball is now the pre-eminent women's team sport (both as a spectator and participant sport) in Australia and New Zealand and is popular in the West Indies, Sri Lanka, and the United Kingdom. Over 20 million people play netball in more than 70 countries." Ref Netball - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have been playing netball for 12 years. My position is Goal shooter, Wing Attack and Wing Defects. I never have been involved with deaf netball or against other states/ countries....

Cheers,
Geek chick :-D

I never see Netball play before on TV or live event, would love to see it on TV if they are showing in USA... I am sure its more fun than basketball?

I never see Netball play before on TV or live event, would love to see it on TV if they are showing in USA... I am sure its more fun than basketball?

ohh shame, in America don't have netball because they never heard or play.... You can check out netball from Youtube. Netball is similar to basketball but both sport is fun. Netball can be a raw sport - almost like cat fight.....

YouTube - Australia - 2007 Netball World Champions

YouTube - Netball Extra Time Australia v New Zealand 21 July 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci1pIrOxzCk&feature=related (this is very raw match better than WWF)

Cheers,

Last edited:
after I watched few clips, I can tell this sports can be very raw same as Handball... Same as basketball but dribble isnt allowed?

after I watched few clips, I can tell this sports can be very raw same as Handball... Same as basketball but dribble isnt allowed?

Yep, similar to handball and basketball. Dribble can use for passing to a teammate (not run and dribble at the same time). It's little hard to describe to understand about rules. If you watching a game and you will learning to understand about netball rules.

Cheers,

I used to play netball in high school against other high schools every Saturday during winter time. The position I used to play is Goal Attack, Goal Shoot, Wing Attack and Wing Defence. I did try Centre once but it was too much for me to run up and down of the court.

Last time I played netball for fun 4 years ago. One Deaf person who runs a Deaf netball team in another area suggested I should play for Deaf netball team. I didn't take that offer due to that I live too far away from the area.

Yep, similar to handball and basketball. Dribble can use for passing to a teammate (not run and dribble at the same time). It's little hard to describe to understand about rules. If you watching a game and you will learning to understand about netball rules.

Cheers,

yea I undy what u mean abt dribbling... same as Handball, they only can dribbling 3 times, not more than that while running

I used to play netball in high school against other high schools every Saturday during winter time. The position I used to play is Goal Attack, Goal Shoot, Wing Attack and Wing Defence. I did try Centre once but it was too much for me to run up and down of the court.

Last time I played netball for fun 4 years ago. One Deaf person who runs a Deaf netball team in another area suggested I should play for Deaf netball team. I didn't take that offer due to that I live too far away from the area.

Ditto - I used to play netball at school against other schools in England. There're no netball here in Germany but handballs. I had been tried handball and don't like it.

Badminton is my favorite games if I want to play with others.

Yike-A-bee!!! I glad to hear someone who used to be playing netball. I understand about the Centre position. Too much running!! It's killed us!! Arghhh!

I understand about long way from deaf netball club. Mostly deaf communality from other side of city like 2 hours drive from my area. I rather playing netball with hearing which is saving petrol and time. :-D

yea I undy what u mean abt dribbling... same as Handball, they only can dribbling 3 times, not more than that while running

Thanks! Now, I learning little about handball rules. Once, I played Handball at high school. Similar to basketball, netball and football (soccer). It was a hard game but fun.

Cheers,

Thanks! Now, I learning little about handball rules. Once, I played Handball at high school. Similar to basketball, netball and football (soccer). It was a hard game but fun.

Cheers,

yea Handball got few mix sports in one

Soccer--almost same as ball but size is 3 and goal post
Hockey--almost same as ice rink size
Basketball--alot of running and can dribbling (limited 3 times while running)
Hockey/Football--alot of physical
Soccer/Hockey--have goalie on it

I always enjoy to play with Handball when Deaflympics' Handball Team are in DC for tryout and/or clinic and I played with them, I sometime played with Deaflympics team if players arent enough or no show then I will take over their place...

I am looking forward to watch full game of Handball Olympics on streaming live TV on internet :D

I always enjoy to play with Handball when Deaflympics' Handball Team are in DC for tryout and/or clinic and I played with them, I sometime played with Deaflympics team if players arent enough or no show then I will take over their place...

I am looking forward to watch full game of Handball Olympics on streaming live TV on internet :D[/QUOTE

Wow, heap information about handball!! There so much to learning!! :-D
I would love to tryout at DC but I'm stuck into one big island mass in Australia (i know it's USA team only...). One sport is enough for me because I'm studying at the university (Swinburne University know as Swinburne National School of Design in Melbourne, Australia) and I don't have a time for lifestyle. :-(

I would love to tryout at DC but I'm stuck into one big island mass in Australia (i know it's USA team only...). One sport is enough for me because I'm studying at the university (Swinburne University know as Swinburne National School of Design in Melbourne, Australia) and I don't have a time for lifestyle. :-(

yea life does suck but I am sure u can find a time to play some netball? ;)

yea life does suck but I am sure u can find a time to play some netball? ;)
hahaha. Thanks, Farewell! Only 4 months to go until finish my course and then I can have my time to playing more than one sports. Maybe try out Handball but who know!! :-P

hahaha. Thanks, Farewell! Only 4 months to go until finish my course and then I can have my time to playing more than one sports. Maybe try out Handball but who know!! :-P

awesome!! good luck on ur try out handball :)

I am looking forward to watch full game of Handball Olympics on streaming live TV on internet :D[/QUOTE

If passed after 3 times then they will called for traveling?

I can't remember because I used played basketball when I was in 9th grade.

If passed after 3 times then they will called for traveling?

I can't remember because I used played basketball when I was in 9th grade.

I did watch some handball game on Olympics website and I wronged, I mean 3 times step while running but dribbling unlimited numbers of step... if more than 3 steps, yea traveling

Back