Anyone know of a program where hearing aids can be exchanged?

steph9700

Reaction score
I have 2 "Phonak Savia Art 311 dSZ" but need the Phonak Naida due to my loss changing so bad this year. Is there some way or place that I could sell my current ones to put the money towards getting the newer technology ones?:hmm: If you know of some way to do this or some type of help I could apply for I would really appreciate the information!:ty:

If your audiologist won't trade, you could sell on Ebay. They do go for good prices.

You can donate them to a charitable organization and take a tax deduction.

Keep them in case your new hearing aids cop out on you. Mine are probably too old to be sold so I am keeping mine after I get my new Phonak Certenas (ordered yesterday :)). I could always use their loaners if I wanted to.

I donated my old ones when my dad died and I inherited his which are the Phonak Savia's. My problem is with the cell phone and other things I have and the way my loss has been in the last year plus the stuff I need to hear in my classes I was told it would be best if I could sell my Savia's and get the Naida's, I can't sell the ones I have now until I can switch to the Naida's because I will have nothing in between and don't know when we can afford to get the Naida's unless I can sell these towards the purchase of the new ones. I am in a bind and can't figure a way out of it just yet.

You could ask the Lions or Rotary club if they have hearing aids they can give you? Sometimes they'd get old ones and have them fixed and cleaned then give it out.

Are you qualified to benefit from vocational rehab? If so, then you could ask for new pair of HA's

Civitan International Post Office Box 130744 Birmingham, Alabama 35213-0744

205 591-8910

he Hearing Foundation is dedicated to assisting qualified low-income ..... Birmingham, Alabama 35213-0744. Telephone: (205) 591-8910

Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind
Dothan Regional Center
Ricky Holman
111 Medical Drive
Dothan, AL 36303
334-677-6270 (voice/TDD)
334-793-7044 (fax)

Thank you Bott, I am going to call the lady that teaches the sign classes I started (she works for A.I.D.B.) and ask her if she could find out if there is anything I could do there. as for the low income and the civitan club, they don't help with hearing aids in the area we live and my husband makes $25.00 a week too much for us to qualify as low income. Too poor to do anything and too rich to get any help whatsoever. I will keep looking though and thank you for the information. It helped, contacting the AIDB was a good reminder and actually I am a lot closer to the main campus which is Tuscaloosa than I am Dothan so I am going to try.... Thank you
Oh, and also, vocational is what paid for my first hearing aids and got me a stethescope for nursing school. they won't help me anymore with that. They will pay for job training and placement if I want though possibly in the next couple of years if I can get well enough to go back to school. My dad's military benefits paid for my nursing school since I was still living at home and he was still claiming me on his taxes.

Back