Anyone from Tennessee should read this.

SnoopyDog

Reaction score
Hello all,

I want to inform all Tennesseans and people who may visit Tennessee there's a law that will go into effect on July 1st, whenever the Governor of Tennessee sign it into law which is already on Governor's desk. This law is a text messaging ban on cellphones, pagers, smart phones and if caught, it'll be a $50 fine. Below, I have added a link for you all to read it and the reason
why I'm showing you a link is proof and seriousness from the Tennessee
State Government. This link is directed to WDEF news website. So, mark your
calendars July 1st (for Tennessee residents), that this law will go into effect. So, let me give you clear what this means, before July 1st, you will not be pulled over by Police or State Troopers but after July 1st has passed, you'll be pulled over and get ticketed and fined for $50.00, if only you're caught. If you have any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks!

Here is the news article:
Tennessee Texting Ban Waits for Governor's Signature | WDEF News 12 | News, Weather and Sports for Chattanooga and the Tennessee Valley

Tennessee House of Representatives:
Tennessee General Assembly Legislation

Tennessee Senate:
Tennessee General Assembly Legislation

California has almost same thing but I forget California's new law about that. I am going check handbook.

Kansas State are working on Texting while driving ban too. I better stop texting while drive. I better watch :ugh: for cops.

I agree that there should be ban on texting while driving. It's too dangerous to do that. I can't text on my Blackberry while drive cuz it's too hard to type on small keyboard and drive. I eventually gave up and stuck BB in the cupholder and plugged charger to it.

You can still text while you're a passenger. It's not a problem as long as you don't distract driver.

Catty

Why am I even surprised that Tennessee gets the law in place before it big sister, Georgia does. :lol: Historically, Tennessee has always copied Georgia.

As a native and former Tennessean, the law doesn't really affect me so much, since I rarely visit Tennessee. I will keep the new law in mind when I am visiting or passing through the state.

Oh, thanks to god, it don't happen in Bama.

Last edited:
I found out that Bama is work on texting ban but failed in state senate.

Why am I even surprised that Tennessee gets the law in place before it big sister, Georgia does. :lol: Historically, Tennessee has always copied Georgia.

As a native and former Tennessean, the law doesn't really affect me so much, since I rarely visit Tennessee. I will keep the new law in mind when I am visiting or passing through the state.

What part of TN, if you don't mind by asking? I lived in middle TN for many years.

As of May 13th, the Governor of Tennessee had signed this bill, this means it became a law. As of July 1st, the law will go into effect, which means law enforcement officers will start pulling people over for texting while driving. Be sure to pass this information along to your Tennessean friends. Good luck Tennesseans!

What part of TN, if you don't mind by asking? I lived in middle TN for many years.
Jillio, I apologize for the late response. I grew just outside of Knoxville - Loudon County to be exact. :)

As of May 13th, the Governor of Tennessee had signed this bill, this means it became a law. As of July 1st, the law will go into effect, which means law enforcement officers will start pulling people over for texting while driving. Be sure to pass this information along to your Tennessean friends. Good luck Tennesseans!
Could you please provide source to support this?

I seriously believe they won't enforce the law strictly though.

Back