Anyone else have a 16 to be 17 year old boy?

hailstorm100

Reaction score
If so, how is he? Is he a good kid or does he get into trouble? My son is pretty good but doesn't really do his school work, but he loves music and he plays the guitar very well and writes his own songs and sings. :)

My stepson is 19 years old. He lived with us when he was 17 years old. We didnt get along because he is very evil. He don't respect himself, me or his dad, his mom and anyone. I don't know what wrong with him. I didn't raise him when he was baby to 17 age.

My stepson is 19 years old. He lived with us when he was 17 years old. We didnt get along because he is very evil. He don't respect himself, me or his dad, his mom and anyone. I don't know what wrong with him. I didn't raise him when he was baby to 17 age.

That's too bad. :( Who raised him when he was younger?

My son is only 2. I got a while to go before he turns that age. & Believe me I can wait..LoL

I'm 18 now... It wasn't too long ago for me, so I'll answer this.

I was fine, i tended to keep to myself, I was usually on the computer alot. I can't speak too much for homework considering we weren't given alot of it. I procrastinated alot though, but i got it done... (maybe the morning of... >_>).

I'm not the kind that's outgoing in looking for trouble or 'mischievous' behaivor as some would call it. I was an only child though, so I didn't have much influence towards getting me in trouble. lol. There wasn't ever any tensions between me and my parents. I love em to death. I think for the most part, i just stayed in my room on the computer all the time.

Hope this helps.
Matt Jones.

My son is 20 years now, but I remember his 16 and 17 years. He was a good kid, but like all kids that age, was trying to decide who he really was, and he experimented sometimes with different groups of friends. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Also, he was very emotional at this time of his life, but he has begun to settle down now and be more stable. As long as he wasn't into anything that was dangerous I figured the confusion and rebellion is just a part of growing up.

as father, my goal to raise kid into excellent life as he or she is ready to live in their own.

Only scary when I saw on tv show - Desperate Housewive that boy was terrible behavior to his mom (Bree). Eek

I have three stepsons - 14, 19 and 20 .....

Not close but gawd I need advice on how to deal with teenaged boys :giggle:

I have three stepsons - 14, 19 and 20 .....

Not close but gawd I need advice on how to deal with teenaged boys :giggle:

aww... they re giving you trouble? Hehe. Tell them I said Hey... and that goes to your newly husband too!! :)

aww... they re giving you trouble? Hehe. Tell them I said Hey... and that goes to your newly husband too!! :)

Heh

It is just that I have two girls 11 and 10 - I am a very much of a girlie person. I can relate to young girls very much but when it comes to boys, Im unclued, uneducated and unsure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :giggle:

Heh

It is just that I have two girls 11 and 10 - I am a very much of a girlie person. I can relate to young girls very much but when it comes to boys, Im unclued, uneducated and unsure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :giggle:

Ah... I think I can relate to that. But I am much more of a girlie person too. I love to fix my step daughter's hair. Its so much fun. Anyway sorry its off topic. I am sure these boys are so good to you and your daughters. Did I tell you that you got gorgeous daughters? (the pic I saw from your wedding)

Last edited:
Ah... I think I can relate to that. But I am much more of a girlie person too. I love to fix my step daughter's hair. Its so much fun. Anyway sorry its off topic. I am sure these boys are so good to you and your daughter. Did I tell you that you got gorgeous daughter? (the pic I saw from your wedding)

Aww thank you :) I would post more pictures of my girls but being a overly protective mom, I would rather not to!

Both are always chased by boys - sigh - guess it is time to buy a rifle and double bolts for front door, eh? :)

With boys, I know they can take care of themselves :) :giggle:

Aww thank you :) I would post more pictures of my girls but being a overly protective mom, I would rather not to!

Both are always chased by boys - sigh - guess it is time to buy a rifle and double bolts for front door, eh? :)

With boys, I know they can take care of themselves :) :giggle:

Haha. I don't blame you for not posting out more pictures of your girls. I would have done the same thing.

Ahh... your grey hair is starting to show.... buy two pairs of chastity belt!!! for the girls. And swalllow keys. These boys cannot touch them, good idea, yeah? hehehe :giggle:

I have a 15 1/2 years old son, he will be 16 this November, he's a good kid and haven't been in trouble and has a good heart just like his mother....There are times I pray to keep him in the right direction where I want him to grow up to be a fine gentleman....I'm not looking forward of him having gf any sooner, so I'm praying hard on that one....

I have a 15 1/2 years old son, he will be 16 this November, he's a good kid and haven't been in trouble and has a good heart just like his mother....There are times I pray to keep him in the right direction where I want him to grow up to be a fine gentleman....I'm not looking forward of him having gf any sooner, so I'm praying hard on that one....

I dont blame you....

These days, parents have so much to worry about .......Hugs!!!!!!!!!!

I remember those ages. Well all I know being 17 is worst age than being 16 because of pressure from school and getting ready to go out in the real world. They challenged us, by being acting alike adult, responsibility become heavy as they getting closer to 18. Of course they would get in trouble with law whether it is speeding, curfew, and so on. also they would act out alike being know it all. It was big relief when they turned 18 and told them not my problem, it is your problem now if u get in trouble, u pay for it.

lol, I'm 19 now, but I can tell you at that age you definately have NOT figured everything out like 17-y-o's tend to think they have... I can see within a period of 6 months time amazing change in thought paturns and emotions, I was a good kid (in the sense that I didn't do drugs or drink or anything) but I did give my parents a hard time all the time... it's definately good for parents to set limits for their children, sometimes my parents weren't very specific about what they did and didn't want, and that made it hard for me... so even if your kids don't like it I think it's an important thing to do.

rofl..well let me tell you the perspective of a 17 year olds point of view...I myself being 17 years old. I just started college this past fall. Right after I graduated from high school, I was given a credit card and sent off to the *real* world. Im currently living in the dorms right now(on campus) and me and my roommates have to fend for ourselves. Get a job, buy food/cook it, stay out of trouble, etc. But its not all that bad, you dont have your parents telling you what to do! you can stay up however long you want, party everyday and all night long....its fun!

We have parties every week, go on beer runs, smoke weed(roommate gets a shitload from his friends), go to the beach, surf, snorkel. We get together with some classmates/friends and hang out in a group, all the time. Go hiking, eating out, going to the mall, you know, socialize and make more friends. And sometimes we go in pairs. This is the time most people get into relationships, bf/gf.

But there is also school!! maybe 1-3 classes a day(1 hour each) at different time periods. So we can do our homework/study between those periods. Sometimes we cut class if we dont feel like going but we usually dont because it might ruin our grades...yes..we care about our grades.

But most of all, its suppose to be fun!
Hope that helped..

Oh and by the way, once you get into college...your never gonna wanna leave.... PARTY!!!

Back