Anyone Else Feel Like They Have Asperger Syndrome?

Did you read the article in the link you provided? That has absolutely nothing to do with anything being discussed here. By using it as support for your point, you are again demonstrating your total lack of understanding.

Did you actually read the link? You are demostrating that you have no knowledge of natropathy. It has to do with the fact that substances used in natural treatments, if used at full stregnth would cause the symptoms being treated. The very dilute strengths causes the body to respond in ways to eliminate the symptoms. Hormesis!

Posting inforamtion obtained from an online university attempting to sell you a degree is hardly supportive of your case.

The fact of the matter is, an associates does not qualify you to even work anywhere in the field. It is a 2 year degree, and offers only courses to a 200 level, which in introductory level. A Bachelor Degree in psychology does not qualify you to diagnose and treat. A Mater's level will qualify you to sit for an LPC, or an LPCC, provided that you have completed several hundred hours of internship in a clinical setting along with the Master's level course work. If you want to call yourself a psychologist, and practice as an independent, you must have a Ph.D. and licensure for the state in which you practice.

If you think that 2-3 courses of into psychology qualify you to understand the intracies of the human mind and to recognize the often subtle symptoms of mental illness, we have just discovered the reason that you continue to make such ridiculous statements. Likewise, even if you were an exceptionally bright and intuitive person, and could recognize the symptoms of all the mental disorders and properly classify them (which is next to impossible after 2 years of study), you would still not be able to do so as a professional, so your skills, by and large, would be totally useless.

And please note, in the courses listed, there is not a single course in clinical psychology or practice. The diagnosis of mental disorder is the clinical field. You have not shown a single course that you would have taken that would even provide a minimal knowledge of clinical psychology or mental disorder.

You said no such program exists. It does.

I went and looked for my transcripts and found them.

Issued to me from Anchorage Community College
13 Aug 1983
One AA degree in Psychology
also issued
13 Aug 1983
One AA degree in Art

At which time I enrolled in the four year RN program.

And an AA in psychology qualifies me to be able to distinguish which therapists are actually working to help individuals and which ones are egocentric and full of themselves. Thereby helping me to advise family and friends which ones to steer clear of. It enables me to distinguish between truly helpful therapies like short term CBT and ones full of hooey like hypnotherapy. And ACC working in conjunction with UAA is no "diploma mill".
Or do you think that quality education only comes from snobby prestigious schools.

Did you actually read the link? You are demostrating that you have no knowledge of natropathy. It has to do with the fact that substances used in natural treatments, if used at full stregnth would cause the symptoms being treated. The very dilute strengths causes the body to respond in ways to eliminate the symptoms. Hormesis!

Psuedo science. And yes, I read the article. So now you are saying that dilute strengths of poisons will eliminate the symtpoms of mental illness?

You said no such program exists. It does.

I went and looked for my transcripts and found them.

13 Aug 1983
also issued
13 Aug 1983
One AA degree in Art

And an AA in psychology qualifies me to be able to distinguish which therapists are actually working to help individuals and which ones are egocentric and full of themselves. Thereby helping me to advise family and friends which ones to steer clear of. It enables me to distinguish between truly helpful therapies like short term CBT and ones full of hooey like hypnotherapy. And ACC working in conjunction with UAA is no "diploma mill".
Or do you think that quality education only comes from snobby prestigious schools.

And that was 28 years ago. And no, an AA degree qualifies you to do nothing of the kind, as you have no foundation or coursework in the field that would provide you with those skills or that knowledge. You are advising family and friends based on a lack of information. It really is sad that you are not licensed, because then you could be monitored for harm done. As it stands, you simply advise with no repurcussions and no expertise, either.

Explain please, how it is that hypnotherapy is full of hooey? How about the foundations and theroretical principles behind CBT? Since you seem to think you understand the priniciples behind the various theroretical approaches and their applications to various disorders, let's discuss that. And don't start pulling irrelevent links from the net. Let's see how much understanding you actually have by discussing such in your own words based on your own understanding.

An online college that advertises an AA degree in psychology that will not assist the degree holder in finding a job in the field, does not qualify them to work in the field, and presents said degree as a qualification for something it iis decidedly not is a diploma mill. The fact of the matter is, your AA in psychology is totally useless. Confers neither the ability to work in the field, not any expertise in the field.

13 Aug 1983
also issued
13 Aug 1983
One AA degree in Art

EPIC FAIL. there's a reason why people listen to "snobby prestigious schools." They are far more educated and much more informed than um.... you know - community school shrinks because such programs have a stringent structure that ensures each graduate to have a high-quality standards in their studies.

and it does not have to be Harvard or Oxford University. But there are handful of schools especially accredited universities that follow a common high standard of education to ensure integrity and quality of professional studies. A degree from online/community university especially in psychology is not exactly........ you know... :ugh2: They are at most... limited to basic counseling service or social service.

Psuedo science. And yes, I read the article. So now you are saying that dilute strengths of poisons will eliminate the symtpoms of mental illness?

Can homeopathy cure mental illness?

This is a question that can't really be answered. It probably can be said that with a well-chosen remedy, tendencies can be diminished, a new permanent perspective may be gained, and choices that were invisible may now become prominent; in essence a remedy can increase our experience of freedom. But perhaps homeopathy may have the potential to change the expression of our DNA; to change the very cellular mechanisms of the nervous system. This can have a particularly significant impact on children and on adults who plan to have children in terms of preventing the genetic expression of undesirable behaviors and pathology.
Alternative Mental Health

EPIC FAIL. there's a reason why people listen to "snobby prestigious schools." They are far more educated and much more informed than um.... you know - community school shrinks because such programs have a stringent structure that ensures each graduate to have a high-quality standards in their studies.

and it does not have to be Harvard or Oxford University. But there are handful of schools especially accredited universities that follow a common high standard of education to ensure integrity and quality of professional studies. A degree from online/community university especially in psychology is not exactly........ you know... :ugh2: They are at most... limited to basic counseling service or social service.

You are correct. Jillio was asserting that no AA programs exist. And they do.
The links I needed were not working yesterday and my internet connects are off and on today. ACC works in conjunction with UAA to insure integrity and quality, which is where my degree comes from. I do not think you can gain anything but academic knowledge from them(on line courses) . Labs are required. That is why ACC offered course work like, A223 Beginning Helping Skills and other courses which are designed to facilitate an understanding of the processes, not to be used for counceling purposes.

And that was 28 years ago. And no, an AA degree qualifies you to do nothing of the kind, as you have no foundation or coursework in the field that would provide you with those skills or that knowledge. You are advising family and friends based on a lack of information. It really is sad that you are not licensed, because then you could be monitored for harm done. As it stands, you simply advise with no repurcussions and no expertise, either.

Explain please, how it is that hypnotherapy is full of hooey? How about the foundations and theroretical principles behind CBT? Since you seem to think you understand the priniciples behind the various theroretical approaches and their applications to various disorders, let's discuss that. And don't start pulling irrelevent links from the net. Let's see how much understanding you actually have by discussing such in your own words based on your own understanding.

An online college that advertises an AA degree in psychology that will not assist the degree holder in finding a job in the field, does not qualify them to work in the field, and presents said degree as a qualification for something it iis decidedly not is a diploma mill. The fact of the matter is, your AA in psychology is totally useless. Confers neither the ability to work in the field, not any expertise in the field.

One question at a time. Hypnotherapy is a very powerful and little understood tool. AND as such in my opinion should not be used. (And yes I have experienced it from a liscensed practitioner as part of a training course) It delves into the Spiritual Elements in a persons mind and in my opinion, no human no matter how credentialed is qualified to be messing around in those areas. Only God or others praying in intervention for others. And Jillio you know that prayer has been proven to be an effective tool in medical interventions.

I never mess with helping folks who think they are having success with medical doctors. I only advise people who are already aware they have been harmed by Md's or Psychiatrists. And there are many of those. The field is repleat with people who have suffered at the hands of people with credentials who think they know it all. I never advise any one to quit a medication or to stop a therapy. What I do advise people of are, what the alternative treatments are, and who in our area is qualified. Just like the medical field and the psychiatric field, there are quacks. And as for monitoring, I am just one person, who can only influence a few. I see them and the positive results they acheive with alternatives. Seeing other medical doctors refer their patients to the practitioners I recomend is another verification of natural medicines effectiveness. That is all I need to know I am on the right track. On the other hand you could make the case that natural health care is more effective than traditional medicine because I only help those who have already been failed by traditional medicine.

This is a question that can't really be answered. It probably can be said that with a well-chosen remedy, tendencies can be diminished, a new permanent perspective may be gained, and choices that were invisible may now become prominent; in essence a remedy can increase our experience of freedom. But perhaps homeopathy may have the potential to change the expression of our DNA; to change the very cellular mechanisms of the nervous system. This can have a particularly significant impact on children and on adults who plan to have children in terms of preventing the genetic expression of undesirable behaviors and pathology.

No,it can't. Nor can anything else. Mental illness is not cured, it is managed. Nor can it alter DNA or change the genetic make-up of an individual. You are again making claims that are totally unsubstantiated.

No,it can't. Nor can anything else. Mental illness is not cured, it is managed. If one is diagnosed with scizophrenia, one is not cured of scizophrenia ever. The disorder is managed. Likewise with bi-polar disorders, and numerous other disorders.

Nor can homeopathy alter DNA or change the genetic make-up of an individual. You are again making claims that are totally unsubstantiated.

You are correct. Jillio was asserting that no AA programs exist. And they do.
The links I needed were not working yesterday and my internet connects are off and on today. ACC works in conjunction with UAA to insure integrity and quality, which is where my degree comes from. I do not think you can gain anything but academic knowledge from them(on line courses) . Labs are required. That is why ACC offered course work like, A223 Beginning Helping Skills and other courses which are designed to facilitate an understanding of the processes, not to be used for counceling purposes.

And the key here is "Beginning". You have enough knowledge to begin learning in earnest. You do not have enough knowledge to express any kind of expertise on the subject. You have nothing more than a basic and limited understanding after completing these courses. That is why an advanced degree is required for practice.

One question at a time. Hypnotherapy is a very powerful and little understood tool. AND as such in my opinion should not be used. (And yes I have experienced it from a liscensed practitioner as part of a training course) It delves into the Spiritual Elements in a persons mind and in my opinion, no human no matter how credentialed is qualified to be messing around in those areas. Only God or others praying in intervention for others. And Jillio you know that prayer has been proven to be an effective tool in medical interventions.

And, you have just demonstrated that you have absolutely no understanding of hypnotherapeutic techniques as applied under a trained and qualified clinician. You are correct. It is a little understood tool, and you fall into the group who have little understanding of it.

We are not discussing religion. We are discussing science. Never, ever confuse the two.

On to CBT theory. Let's see if you can do any better in discussing that particular theory, as you have failed miserably in an in depth discussion of hypnotherapy and its applications.

I never mess with helping folks who think they are having success with medical doctors. I only advise people who are already aware they have been harmed by Md's or Psychiatrists. And there are many of those. The field is repleat with people who have suffered at the hands of people with credentials who think they know it all. I never advise any one to quit a medication or to stop a therapy. What I do advise people of are, what the alternative treatments are, and who in our area is qualified. Just like the medical field and the psychiatric field, there are quacks. And as for monitoring, I am just one person, who can only influence a few. I see them and the positive results they acheive with alternatives. Seeing other medical doctors refer their patients to the practitioners I recomend is another verification of natural medicines effectiveness. That is all I need to know I am on the right track. On the other hand you could make the case that natural health care is more effective than traditional medicine because I only help those who have already been failed by traditional medicine.

Like I said, it is a shame that you are not licensed, because then you would be held accountable for your actions. As it stands, you are not accountable, and that is frightening indeed.

An AA does not even qualify one to do basic services. Even entry level case management requires a Bachelor level degree, and that does not include any counseling. You must be liscensed to counsel, and that requires at least a Master's level.

Look at it this way: if you need medical care, would you trust someone who has completed 2 years of pre-med (especially on line), or would you trust someone who has completed pre-med, med school, internship, and residency?

An AA does not even qualify one to do basic services. Even entry level case management requires a Bachelor level degree, and that does not include any counseling. You must be liscensed to counsel, and that requires at least a Master's level.
ah-ha... thanks for clarification.

Look at it this way: if you need medical care, would you trust someone who has completed 2 years of pre-med (especially on line), or would you trust someone who has completed pre-med, med school, internship, and residency?
exactly. how frightening is that to entrust your LIFE to a person with qualification like that... especially that person would not be held accountable? :Ohno:

ah-ha... thanks for clarification.
YW

exactly. how frightening is that to entrust your LIFE to a person with qualification like that... especially that person would not be held accountable? :Ohno:

That's my whole point.

That's my whole point.

How frightning is it that people are routinely damaged by psycotherapy techniques and are not held accountable? The same goes for medicine.
People come to me for referals because they have been hurt by conventional therapies. Not because convention is working for them. The ND's I refer people to have just as much training and experiance as an MD. Sometimes more! And one in particular I like is an MD, as well as an ND. He confided in me that he could not mention any of his alternative therapies while on duty in the hospital because they would not allow him to work there if he did. He said he was not even allowed to express his opinions on subjects like vacinations. Talk about intellectual suppression.!

How frightning is it that people are routinely damaged by psycotherapy techniques and are not held accountable? The same goes for medicine.
People come to me for referals because they have been hurt by conventional therapies. Not because convention is working for them. The ND's I refer people to have just as much training and experiance as an MD. Sometimes more! And one in particular I like is an MD, as well as an ND. He confided in me that he could not mention any of his alternative therapies while on duty in the hospital because they would not allow him to work there if he did. He said he was not even allowed to express his opinions on subjects like vacinations. Talk about intellectual suppression.!

People with a license are held accountable through various mechanisms. People without a license, such as yourself, are accountable to no one. Not to the client, not to a licensing board, not to a peer review, not through malpractice review, not to anyone. That is what is frightening. You are held to no professional standards. You can tell anyone anything, and not be held accountable for the recommendations that you make, because you have no professional standards, no ethical guidelines, no minimum eductional requirements, etc., etc., etc.

And the only thing you seem to be able to come up with here is unsubstantiated anecdote. A friend of a friend of a friend told me, but it can't be substantiated because of this reason or that reason. Virtually no accountability. Show me some empirically substantiated data. Show me empirical evidence of harm. Hell, show me some understanding of the theory which you criticize. You post abstracts which support absolutely nothing. Show me some critical analysis using methodolgy. You have failed to answer even the the most elementary questions regarding theory and technique. You have mis-stated and misrepresented even the most elementary aspects of diagnosis and treatment. And you are completely unnaccountable for these errors because you have to answer to no accrediting agency, no licensing board, no academic institution, no IRB.

You continually preface your statements with "I think". Well, what you think, and what can be substantiated with empirical support and valid knowledge and reasoning are two different things. I can think the grass is pink, but unless I can substanitate it, an provide valid support for what I "think", it has absolutely no credibility. And that is where you stand at this point in time.

And the really frightening part of the equation is that you have so many gaps in your reasoning and your knowledge that you don't even see the danger in presenting yourself as an expert in giving such advise.

Bizarre chemical discovery gives homeopathic hint - 07 November 2001 - New Scientist

More and more evidence will continue to be brought forth in support of alternative medicine. And befor it is dismissed as irrelevant or pseudo science rember that when germs were first discovered as the cause of illness, the people who supported that theory were ostracized by their medical peers. Why, everyone knew spontaineous generation was supposed to cause all illness.

The Slow Death of Spontaneous Generation (1668-1859)

Jillio, you don't have any expertise in this area and yet you make bold claims about its being a pseudo science and then turn right around and dismiss my assertions because"I have no expertise". I've been studying homeopathy for 15 years now. And had I the time or money and not busy at home caring for family, I would have my Masters in nutrition and be an ND as well. As it stands now I can only take one class at a time towards my goal. And I never made any claim of making a diagnoses. I only refer people who need help and have been damaged by conventional medicine, to competent practitioners. I don't treat people myself. Don't make assumptions to try and justify your position.

Back