Anybody Get Worser Tinnitus When Coming Out Of The Shower?

Daminx

Reaction score
i have Tinnitus all the time which consists of a high pitched whistling sound and a low pitched humming sound.

But when i come out of the shower, my ears start ringing ever so slightly. I also get it when i use my electric toothbrush.

Does anyone else experience that?

http://www.holistic-online.com/remedies/ear/tin_treatment_common-sense.htm

I found this web site , I don't worry about my tinnitus anymore b/c I can't do anything to stop it, if I think about it all the time it would bother me more.
When I first got it I wasn't sure what I was hearing when I realize I was the only one hearing the sound I knew I had tinnitus . I did drive me crazy at first
but after so many years I haven gotten use to it . It like having an invisible bug buzzing around my ears .

i have Tinnitus all the time which consists of a high pitched whistling sound and a low pitched humming sound.

But when i come out of the shower, my ears start ringing ever so slightly. I also get it when i use my electric toothbrush.

Does anyone else experience that?

I haven't noticed particularly when coming out of the shower. However, I do experience exactly what you describe when I get home. I have two theories.

1. The road noise from driving aggravated my tinnitus temporarily
2. The road noise masked my tinnitus, so going straight from that into a quiet house means I sudden notice my tinnitus again and it seems loud. The same thing happens when I turn off music, TV or go into a quiet room

I tend to go with #2. Maybe the shower spray noise and electric tooth brush noise mask it, then you stop and wham, loud tinnitus.

I heard of people having biofeedback treatments for tinnitus , I am not sure if this works or not.

Back