Any products or service that I can use at work for the phone??

diane1601

Reaction score
I have been trying for years to get my employer to provide something so I can understand my clients on the phone.

I have nerve damage and am severly HOH. I wear hearing aid, but they do not help with the phone situation.

I understand that there is a service called CART. Can anyone out there point me in the right direction?

Also, my audiologist is trying to get me to buy $6000 hearing aid called Opticon Agile which is supposed to have an additional feature where the sound from the landline can go direct into my HA. I don't see how that will help if the speaker on the other end of the phone is on a speaker or cell phone.

Any advice from this awesome group of peeps?

Diane:wave:

You need to tell us more about the phone system that is in your office.

Also, what do you currently have in the way of a hearing aid or aids (aid in one ear or both? type of aid? etc.).

I have been trying for years to get my employer to provide something so I can understand my clients on the phone.

I have nerve damage and am severly HOH. I wear hearing aid, but they do not help with the phone situation.

I understand that there is a service called CART. Can anyone out there point me in the right direction?

Also, my audiologist is trying to get me to buy $6000 hearing aid called Opticon Agile which is supposed to have an additional feature where the sound from the landline can go direct into my HA. I don't see how that will help if the speaker on the other end of the phone is on a speaker or cell phone.

Any advice from this awesome group of peeps?

Diane:wave:

I currently have two HA's Seimens Senso Diva's.

I do not know the phone system at work and have asked several times if the phone service provider has anything that will help. I also work from home and have a special phone that I received from the state of CA. It sucks!!

I can hear better on my cell phone that either landlines.

No advice on this one but I can't wait to hear some of the solutions people have come up with. I HATE talking on the phone in the office. You'd think that my boss would get it that one of the other people should do the phone stuff when I have to carry it to the corner of the room, jack the volume up, shove my finger in my other ear, and ask "what" all the time....but no. :roll:

Why not use Captel? It tells you what the clients are saying in text and you use your own voice to speak to them.

Why not use Captel? It tells you what the clients are saying in text and you use your own voice to speak to them.

Here is why I said earlier that we need to know more about the telephone system in which ever office we are talking about.

The Hamilton web site says this in their FAQ technical section: Please Note: The CapTel Phone is not compatible with digital PBX systems found in offices or some residential facilities (unless an analog port is available).

I am also not sure how the landline version handles extensions. I have run across mention to not being able to put in an extension number when making a call.

do you have telecoil or T on your HA? have you tried it while on phone.

Back