Any deaf in Vermont?

Sanctum1972

Reaction score
Hello,

I just moved to Burlington, Vermont from Cleveland, Ohio recently a month ago and was wondering if there are any deaf people from Vermont or nearby Burlington? Even Hoh?

Thanks,

-Adam

Why move there? Sorry to break news to you... there will be alot less deafies and hoh up there than where you were from. I know only two deafies there, don't know their address or e mail etc.

State of VT is beautiful but it is death Deaf community. There is no social much during the wintertime and springtime. Only in the summertime, they do have Deaf events like camping and skiing.

I only know two people who live in VT.

Vt...

I moved up here because of economic problems in Cleveland and besides, I have a family member that lives around here to help out. I'm just trying to get a clean start once again.

But I do know that there are not a lot of deafs up in VT and that Cleveland/Columbus had more of them. Unfortunately, some of the deaf here in VT are'nt around much and usually live in a 'bubble' and don't go out much..it's a bit of an older population of deafs. So I usually hang around hearing people if I can since I'm new to the area..again.

-Adam

Hey Adam,

U already moved from Cleveland? aww we should have got together b4 u did....I know RR, Cheri and I would love to have a chance on meeting ya....Are you planning on coming back?...

Moving..

Angel,

I did move already a month ago in October and am in Burlington. I know we could've met before my relocation this past summer but things got real hectic.
As for coming back...I have no idea. It could be a long time before I do..have to straighten things out, start my creative endeavors over again and settle in somehow...
One thing's for sure..it's very nice up here..smaller than Cleveland and not as crazy as the freeways. I'm very slowly getting to know the area piece by piece and get to know some people here and there.

-Adam

^Angel^ said:
Hey Adam,

U already moved from Cleveland? aww we should have got together b4 u did....I know RR, Cheri and I would love to have a chance on meeting ya....Are you planning on coming back?...

Indeedly your right about the beauty of Vermont! Its really breathtaking the mountains and evergreens, plenty of trees all overs. Unfortunately trees does not provide job! Your right, Vermont does not have good economy, and I hate to say it is bad move to Vermont from Ohio. I don't think its any difference, or maybe little worse. But on other hand having families up there may help. It would be mistake to expect a mircale.

Sabrina said:
State of VT is beautiful but it is death Deaf community. There is no social much during the wintertime and springtime. Only in the summertime, they do have Deaf events like camping and skiing.

I only know two people who live in VT.

Oh you are lucky to live in VT. I am pretty sure that you will find a job in your area. Maybe working as post office deliveries. Or working in a special handicapped department at the University of Vermont or perhaps at Champlain College - just do paperworks or general deliveries.

http://www.jobs.net/Vermont-Burlington.asp

Good luck!

I just checked on the internet to see if there is a deaf club in your area. There is one which called:

Greater Burlington Deaf Club

Address 1: P.O. Box 1065
City: Williston
State: Vermont
Zip Code: 05495
Phone 1: 802-644-2002
Fax: 802-863-7500
Participants Served

Program is specific to people with disabilities.
Notes

The club provides social events for the deaf and hard of hearing community. Activities have included camping, hiking, skiing, family picnics, and holiday banquets.
Last Updated: 2005-02-21 11:28

Hi adam,

I lived in vermont for 3 months but I moved back to Indiana because there was no deaf people around , I am very lonely and I don't have any communication, I need friends to talk to. My mom and my sister still live close to Burlington. its such a pretty place. I hope you can find some friends there. Good luck!

I just checked on the internet to see if there is a deaf club in your area. There is one which called:

Greater Burlington Deaf Club

Address 1: P.O. Box 1065
City: Williston
State: Vermont
Zip Code: 05495
Phone 1: 802-644-2002
Fax: 802-863-7500
Participants Served

Program is specific to people with disabilities.
Notes

The club provides social events for the deaf and hard of hearing community. Activities have included camping, hiking, skiing, family picnics, and holiday banquets.
Last Updated: 2005-02-21 11:28

I personally know this person for years. We are a good friends with his wife and Jim. :)

There is over a thousand deaf people in Vermont should come Visit Vermont to see it yourself

Why move there? Sorry to break news to you... there will be alot less deafies and hoh up there than where you were from. I know only two deafies there, don't know their address or e mail etc.

There is over a thousand deaf people in Vermont should come Visit Vermont to see it yourself

Agree with you ...

Last year, I went to Burlington, Vermont for Homemade Beers festive and social Bar. I did meet a lot of deaf people.. They are mellow and laid back! :thumb:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Why are we all talking in this 4 year old thread?

OOPS, I did not see the date and the year of the OP. :shock: I guess I was responding to BrenVter on the population of thousand of Deaf people living in Vermont, if there are that many in Vermont. I thought I should welcome BrenVter in AD, too. I have never gone to Vermont before. :roll:

Back