Any bicyclists here?

California Deaf Wheelers, do you guys race??

On the weekends, in the spring and summer, I ride into Boston which is 9 miles each way, a good workout.

I have yet to bike into work, 14 miles, but that may be coming soon.

Springtime madness with the bike, new tube needed in the rear, truly, I think I am replacing both tires, seems like a portion of a season is all I get out them.

Also looking at new bike rack..........what does everyone think ? Good deal ?

We only used this rack once! We worried that we didn't have a lock, then when we finally went & bought the lock, we got pregnant & sold the car with the hitch before we could use it! The Lock is still in the packaging, & the rack is (obviously) like new! Asking $150 obo. Please email with any questions!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2904795039

Attachments

• thule.jpg
    thule.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 7
Springtime madness with the bike, new tube needed in the rear, truly, I think I am replacing both tires, seems like a portion of a season is all I get out them.

cr5j5-2904795039@sale.craigslist.org

I have a thule rack that holds two on the back of my truck. It's very solid and, IMO, could easily handle three bikes. The thing will last forever so looking for a used one is not a bad idea.

I have a thule rack that holds two on the back of my truck. It's very solid and, IMO, could easily handle three bikes. The thing will last forever so looking for a used one is not a bad idea.

Thanks !

Updated my post, the original link was broken and did not work.

Looks like a good deal.

I've had roof racks and a bunch of other assorted racks, and after all these years I've decided to get one of these. Since the top tubes of most bikes are now slanted aggressively, I've had to get a separate bar to keep the bikes level on the regular racks, it got old very fast, now I have this platform rack.

Put the bikes on, lower the holding arm, and go. Raise the holding arm, bike comes out, and you go. None of that strapping-down & swinging prevention hoopla anymore. Now I know why everyone is raving about these things.

2 Bike Carrier for 1-1/4" and 2" Trailer Hitches - Wheel Mount - Swagman XTC-2 Swagman Hitch Bike Racks,RV and Motorhome Bike Racks S64670

Here is a pic of my old MTB on the rack behind my Honda:

IMG0120-XL.jpg

@ Green427

I like that style of rack, but I need to carry 2 bikes at a time then still be able to get Z in and out of the Jeep hopefully without taking the rack off.

We'll see how the rack looks when I get up there. It is a start. With fuel prices as they are I drive my Street TJ everywhere instead of the truck, plus the hassle of dropping the front wheel on both to get them into the fork locks.

I have never used a hitch rack before, a roof rack on an old Baja Bug I had, but never a hitch rack. My old one was a THULE also. Held up really well.

thanks for responding !

I rode 8.6 miles today. I need to get into better riding shape, but it was a decent ride for not riding for several months.

I rode 8.6 miles today. I need to get into better riding shape, but it was a decent ride for not riding for several months.

Where do you ride at Glenn ? I did wind up getting the THULE bike rack, GREAT price, and it was pretty much new. Took a little bit to figure exactly how to get the bike to "fit" from the frame design, but I think it will work out ok.

I really want to check out the new trail I found. Need to get my back tire fixed.

It looks like it could be a good weekend to ride, we'll see.

I ride 20-35 miles regularly, i recently got road rash from accident... been off bicycle for three days which sucked so bad

Where do you ride at Glenn ? I did wind up getting the THULE bike rack, GREAT price, and it was pretty much new. Took a little bit to figure exactly how to get the bike to "fit" from the frame design, but I think it will work out ok.

I really want to check out the new trail I found. Need to get my back tire fixed.

It looks like it could be a good weekend to ride, we'll see.
Yesterday I rode to my friend's house and back. I just ride wherever I can get out and ride. :cool2:

I have this cool Ross Piranha bike. I've been trying to research the brand. I am guessing it is a 1981-1985 model??

Attachments

• 2012-04-16 10.29.58.jpg
    2012-04-16 10.29.58.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 2012-04-16 10.30.03.jpg
    2012-04-16 10.30.03.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2012-04-16 10.30.17.jpg
    2012-04-16 10.30.17.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 4
  • 2012-04-16 10.30.06.jpg
    2012-04-16 10.30.06.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 4
Finally got out of the house today for a couple hours for some "me" time. Rode at the local park. Ahh...what a feeling.

P1020825-XL.jpg

shit my heavy is loud old mountain bike Fuji not it.. iam brought new best light weight fast its fixed bike that my aerofix cycle is terrific nice glow and night blue ice and white is good....

Bike riding with a bike you like now that is one of the great pleasures!!:wave:

Back