any beer enthusiasts out there?

you gotta try Wheat beers! its smooth and strange hollowish structure, but its not a bad thing...bloody good actually as it makes it an easy drinking beer by no means its not 'light' but it can be described more like a quality, delicately structured pinot noir than a 'musclar pinot noir', hmmm

Last edited:
haha...

I mentioned Meph Addict. I wasn't there on Friday, but inquired how it was. Avery told me that the last keg of the Meph Addict sold out so fast. People lined up for it, and shelled out mad money for it.

The last keg only lasted one hour. :shock: We only made a very limited amount of this beer. It'll be hard to make more in the next batch.

If you guys are wondering what Meph Addict is..

The 2009 version was 16.92% abv. It is a demonic stout with coffee added. Tons of coffee that is. It's a huge beer that is also warm.

The beer I take part of... An overall ratebeer 100. Can't be disappointed at all.

Framboise Lambic

I always preferred wine to beer until I got my hands on this!! Nectar of the GODS!! I still like a good glass of wine too :wave:

FramboiseLambic.jpg

I love Belgian. Almost any is very hard to not like.

I used to work at a wine bar and love it, but I've been trying to understand beer better lately. Definitely not Mexican style. KBR and the watery beers are great if you don't have any definitive judging sense left. I want to try some more Imperials.

And my favorite cider Woodchuck's Fall Release. Amazing. I almost cried when I had my first one. I'm ordering a few cases for my brother's wedding in about 2 weeks.

For thanksgiving I had the following:

Verhaeghe Duchesse De Bourgogne

North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

Samuel Smiths Taddy Porter

Russian River Damnation

Dogfish Head Bitches Brew

Left Hand Milk Stout

Boulevard Tank 7 Saison

Framboise Lambic - can't remember who made it....

Some Imperial Pilsner .. 9.5% abv, not sure who made it.. hm

Not sure if there was something else. hmm :)

Yo TWA - What'd you have?

Damn, nice line-up. What did you think of the Bitches Brew? I like most stuff Dogfish Head puts out. Pretty good brewery, and they're always trying new and interesting things, but not selling out to some lame fad (oohhh, let's try Rogue's chocolate mocha porter! pshaw) And how did you like the Damnation? That's some damn fine sour golden nectar right there.

What'd I drink for my Thanksgiving? Eh, nothing special. There's a local craft brewery here: People's Brewing that makes some OKAY stuff. Most of it is nothing that I couldn't do at home, but their IPA is some excellent stuff, and we were drinking that prior to dinner. At dinner, we were just drinking red wine. For dessert, had some apple champagne that I made over the summer. It's been aging very nicely.

My friend and I made a ryePA that just finished bottle conditioning last week. I've had a few already and I must say, it came out damn fine.

In my new 12.5 stainless conical fermenter, I currently have a Belgian tripel in second week of fermentation. Will bottle it in a couple more weeks.

Next up will be a Belgian Kriek. Takes 6 months to age that sucker, so need to start soon in order for it to be ready before I leave Indiana.

Back