Anti-Hearing Aid people?

Yea, I knew a few hearing people who thought HAs serve no purpose and that I shouldnt wear them. Very very few..

It is kinda strange.

I think its maybe because they do not realize that the use of HA's don't make one 100% hearing when, in reality, it just gives a boost in some form or other.

Oh I bet I know. The dinky aids cost more money. So of course the receptioniest would want people to opt for those.

Yes, I think this may be the case, too.

I posted in another thread about how a certain 'brandname hearing aid center' sold my Dad VERY EXPENSIVE cic's-which were never powerful enough for him and only lasted 5 years! Against my recommendations (made based on my own recent search for a HA) he went there again and now he has BTE's, which were slightly less expensive, and seem to actually work. Anyhow, those 'centers' are very big on advertising HA's that 'are practically invisible!' (from their own advertising materials).

Nothing wrong with invisible-my own BTE is my hair color and you just can't see it at all-but I often wear my hair up and I don't care if someone sees it.

I am wondering if there will be more anti-hearing aid people out there due to CIs? Like people will say CIs are better and HAs are worthless?

Good point! I've had plenty of people tell me "Well, if your hearing aids are working for you, then why don't you just get one of those...implants they do now. Aren't those better anyway? They can fix your hearing these days!"

I'm sure others have been told the same thing! I don't think the people who've told me that are anti-hearing aid per se, just think that CIs are what all deaf people should get.

When I had them, we didn't get to have all these fantastic colors. Man, sometimes I wish I could get something looking really neat like that EQL. Ah well - nothing more for my ears. They are dead.

My HAs are seen obivously. I don't care whatever they 'anti-HA' said abt my HAs. So, What!.

Back