Another Update *sigh*

Jamie,

I have to be honest. I'm really not happy about this. I remember how dizzy I was when my audi gave me a hearing test and then played every frequency to determine which ones caused dizziness. I think I'm going to take a Clonazepam before my appointment so I can be calm and not become too excited or nervous about becoming dizzy.

I think that's a good idea... Is your sister or a friend going with you that day? I hope so... I hate going to the eye-doctor in May because she will put drops in my eyes again... I know that's not the same but I hate it too 'cause I won't see anything for a big part of the day... that just sucks! :(

I'll have special thoughts for you on that day!

Jamie

Thanks, Jamie! I'm thinking about having my neice come with me for moral support as well as the fact that since this test will cause dizziness, I don't want to take a cab home alone.

That's what I was worried about. You taking a cab alone (or even a bus!!!) It's cool your niece is coming with you! <smile> Elseway I think I might have been able to come all the way over to Wisconsin <giggle>.

Nah... Unforunately I'll be moving stuff around then, so... can't work for me... LOL

Jamie

Hi everyone,

I e-mailed my CI surgeon to ask if the testing I will have on April 8th will cause dizziness. He said yes due to the fact that my CI will be stimulated by a variety of high frequencies. I'm not very happy about that, but if it means coming closer to determining why this is happening, so be it.

I suppose they would want you at your worst so that they can assess you to find out what/where is causing you to spin... I know it would be horrible for you but hope they would find the problem that had been causing your dizziness. I like your suggestion on taking a relaxant (I could do with some LOL!!! ).

All the best. Wish i was there to help... perhaps i would go and visit Jamie instead since she's just over the channel...

((((((HUGS))))))))

for your interest,

There was program on tv in uk today about 2 young people with CI One is Micheal Batt who was the first child in UK to recieve multi channel CI and another was Thea Kyle who was deaf all her life and recieved it 18 months ago, she still signs but says that having CI had made her life easier. Thea is old friend of mine when i was living near her and she has same surgeon as me!! Quite interesting.

Charlotte... I might just as well hop into the next plane to London and then we could go to Wi together LOL. I might need somebody who knows ASL if Lisa doesn't understand what I am saying... I'm a fast talker :) Can you lip-read well Charlotte?

Jamie

I don't know any ASL!!! Nor my own country's sign lang!! I am very good lipreader... but would have to slow you down!! lol!!

Nearest airport to me is Southampton... and muuuuuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhh Smaller and nicer than any of london airport!

I don't know any ASL!!! Nor my own country's sign lang!! I am very good lipreader... but would have to slow you down!! lol!!

I guess in that case we would be an awesome threesome <giggle>

An American deaf/blind, a British Lip-reader and a French hearie and fast talker. :roll: That's bound to get interesting...

Can you see us walk down the street with Tigger in tow and trying to communicate in a decent aka normal way? :laugh2:

Jamie

Eh... what do you want? Can't be perfect :D

I think we have scared Lisa off with our crazy posts...

I'm off anyway to watch some german soccer!

<hug> to both of you, Jamie

I guess in that case we would be an awesome threesome <giggle>

An American deaf/blind, a British Lip-reader and a French hearie and fast talker. :roll: That's bound to get interesting...

Can you see us walk down the street with Tigger in tow and trying to communicate in a decent aka normal way? :laugh2:

Jamie

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

I suppose they would want you at your worst so that they can assess you to find out what/where is causing you to spin... I know it would be horrible for you but hope they would find the problem that had been causing your dizziness. I like your suggestion on taking a relaxant (I could do with some LOL!!! ).

All the best. Wish i was there to help... perhaps i would go and visit Jamie instead since she's just over the channel...

((((((HUGS))))))))

for your interest,

There was program on tv in uk today about 2 young people with CI One is Micheal Batt who was the first child in UK to recieve multi channel CI and another was Thea Kyle who was deaf all her life and recieved it 18 months ago, she still signs but says that having CI had made her life easier. Thea is old friend of mine when i was living near her and she has same surgeon as me!! Quite interesting.

Char,

That's so cool about your friend Thea! (By the way, how do you pronounce her name? Thee-a or Thaya?)

I'm definitely going to take a Clonazepam before my appointment. If I don't, I worry that I may end up becoming agitated due to the dizziness.

I think it's Thee-ya but i am not sure, I haven't heard or practiced the saying since i had my CI so i wouldn't know, I used to call her "The" pre CI days, I haven't seen her for years!!! I left the area 5 years ago. I am now a good one and half hour drive from her. I was surprised to see her on TV today and my surgeon!!

My Nana fancies my surgeon and wants to come with me on my yearly check up!!!

Yeah I know... I'm crazy... I've had a looooong day at work! I need to relieve some stress :D

My Nana fancies my surgeon and wants to come with me on my yearly check up!!!

You're Nana sounds interesting? :D Why? I mean, is your surgeon cute guy? *innocent look towards bf and cheesy grin*

Btw, game sort of sucks so I am hanging around here for a lil while... (but still watching)

A very hyper-Jamie

LOL at Jamie.... my Surgeon is OLD!!!!.... VERY gentlemanly though! My Nana is a real character! She's mad as hatter, 80 this year and rules the roost at her retirement flat complex, always knows EVERYTHING, i was at her flat all morning yesterday and couldn't wait to leave... as my ears was burning... Love her though, actually she's my Step Nan, (real one died when my mum was 14)

Jamie,

There's nothing wrong with being crazy. I'm 100% certifiable and proud of it! :cool2: It's amazing the men in clean white coats haven't permanently taken me away. :giggle:

Back