Another Stupid Cop Killed A 7 Year Old Girl and Covered It Up

yizuman

Reaction score
Atty: Video Shows Police Fired Into Detroit Home

Reality show video contradicts police version of raid that left Detroit girl dead

a9c052d1-eb20-4515-8fb2-de0718b6eb1a_mn.jpg
An attorney for the family of a 7-year-old girl slain during a weekend raid at their Detroit home says video footage contradicts the police department's version of events.

Geoffrey Fieger (FI-ger) said Monday that footage shot by the A&E crime-reality show "The First 48" shows that police fired into the home at least once after lobbing a flash grenade through a window.

He says that contradicts the police department's explanation that an officer's gun fired during a confrontation with a resident inside the home.

Seven-year-old Aiyana Jones was shot in the neck and died.

Fieger says he viewed three to four minutes of footage but declined to say who showed it to him.

The police department says it is trying to acquire the video.

An A&E spokesman declined to comment.

Source: Atty: Video Shows Police Fired Into Detroit Home - ABC News

Pisses me off that an officer who is sworn to an oath to protect and serve by violating that oath while attempting to lie and cover up his mistakes that cost a life of a child. :mad:

That girl did not have to die, hell, she barely started a life.

Yiz

You don't know the whole story. There is the family's version, the police's version, and the truth.

Um...

"Protect and serve." Whoever believe the police is suppose to protect citizens is a fool. They are strictly there to enforce the laws. Nothing more.

Micheal Parenti said:
The function of that police action, those interventions in Central America and the Middle East, the function is system sustaining. It is to maintain that overall system! And you don't look at the particular cost. I could demonstrate to you that every single bank robbery, that in every single case practically, the cost of the police was more than the actual money that the robbers took from the bank. Does that mean, 'Oh, you see, there's really no economic interest involved, then. They're not protecting the banks. The police are just doing this because they're on a power trip, or they're macho, or they're control freaks, that's why they do it.' No, of course it's an economic... of course they're defending the banks. Of course, because if they didn't stop that bank robbery, regardless of the cost, this could jeopardize the entire banking system. You see, there are people who believe that the function of the police is to fight crime. And that's not true; the function of the police is social control and protection of property.

However shooting into a building? and What's an overkill.

You can't turn police into flawless. Nobody does when the mistake come up

No matter, you drop glasses, you broke it.

Once again, you don't know the details. They were there with a warrant looking for a felon. The guys girlfriend/wife fights with the police and a firearm was discharged. She's the darwin award winner for fighting with officers that possesed a valid search warrant.

It's VERY tragic that a young, innocent life was lost and I pray for her family and what they're going through right now.

Why are you going to fight with an armed officer?? She may have started wrestling with the cop while he had his gun drawn and caused him to accidently discharge the weapon.

I'm pretty darn sure that he didn't shoot her willingly and I also pray for him and what he's going through. That's every officers nightmare.

Once again, you don't know the details. They were there with a warrant looking for a felon. The guys girlfriend/wife fights with the police and a firearm was discharged. She's the darwin award winner for fighting with officers that possesed a valid search warrant.

It's VERY tragic that a young, innocent life was lost and I pray for her family and what they're going through right now.

Why are you going to fight with an armed officer?? She may have started wrestling with the cop while he had his gun drawn and caused him to accidently discharge the weapon.

I'm pretty darn sure that he didn't shoot her willingly and I also pray for him and what he's going through. That's every officers nightmare.

since they threw flashbang... I suppose they were confused and disoriented. they act on adrenaline rush that they see them as intruders, not police. :dunno:

I'd like to see the video

It is so wrong to label the cop as 'stupid' since we do not know the WHOLE story.

We should let Michigan State Police do their investigation on this tragic incident where the young girl's life was abruptly ended.

I'd like to know the whole story, both sides before pointing the finger. It's tragic that a seven yr old died during a search warrant. The flashbags are thrown in first then the police wait to do in. What happened when the police went in.......I don't know. I don't think the cop "just shot into the house".

I used to serve search warrants for a year as a forensics photographer and police are very careful to execute search warrants carefully. They try to figure out how many ppl in the house, layout of the house etc.

Let's see what happens with the investigations and the courts.

Back