Another scammer!

RedFox

Reaction score
I got another scam on aim. They asked me if my name was lastname, firstname and knew my town and state. So I think they got those from deafvp.com

He claimed to be Denis Lawson and to be a manager of a deaf lotto. I never saw such a thing before. He said he would have $30,000 at my home if I gave him my full name and address. Of course, he'd want a fee to take and run away with.

The sn is mp4net. They were stupid because they said they'd have the cash there at 6 that day, when it was after 8. So they changed it to 9 the next morning. They even showed a Deaf Supporting Lottery web page to try to prove that they were real, but anyone can make such a page.

scammer said:
(8:23:18 PM) mp4net: Congratulation you are one of the lucky winner that win the sum of 30,000$ from the Usa Deaf Lottery which we need your full name and adress so that the ups will deliver the cash to your apt or your house by 6today once again the leader of the deaf lottery congratulate you as lucky winner hope we get all the informtion requested on here......... thanks.....smile

Last edited:
I m, too. I refused to open it. I had delected my name in deafvp.com last few years ago. but I got scam email from some deafies. Why.

I added this to the end of my sn in deafvp: REMOVETHISIFYOUARENOTASCAMMER. If I still get scams, then I would know that they are scumbags who deserve the wrath of the Deaf.

Maybe you still get the scams because they added your address to their list of deafies to go after.

I am listed on DeafVP but the spammers have not bothered me.

Probably because I didn't leave E-mail addresses and screen names in there.

Several deaf people know my E-mail address though they usually put me in BCC. ;)

they will do anything to get us to be suckers. We gotta to stop scammers, i know its everywhere but less is better-

I got another scam on aim. They asked me if my name was lastname, firstname and knew my town and state. So I think they got those from deafvp.com

He claimed to be Denis Lawson and to be a manager of a deaf lotto. I never saw such a thing before. He said he would have $30,000 at my home if I gave him my full name and address. Of course, he'd want a fee to take and run away with.

The sn is mp4net. They were stupid because they said they'd have the cash there at 6 that day, when it was after 8. So they changed it to 9 the next morning. They even showed a Deaf Supporting Lottery web page to try to prove that they were real, but anyone can make such a page.

Got it, I updated on my scammer alert list webpage :)

Add OfficerPTA too. That one said I won money and a truck from the Deaf Support Lotto and gave the same scam lotto website that deafhelper22 did.

Oh, I hate scams. I avoided many bad things around. I am goin' for the good things that will give me a peace of mind. :D

I am too old for BS. :lol:

i put it in the VPdirectory.com for email address/IMs (I don't have VP yet)
they found my email address or IMs. i don't put my full name on VPdirectory, no way!.

i've seen many times on my yahoo mail from spammers, that goes to junk mail. i'm sick of it and hate that spammers!. LA HASTA VISTA F**KING SPAMMER! :rifle:

crazy scammer everywhere!. it never stops, it keep going again and again.

i avoided scammer. i always delete even never open it. I block IMs from scammer or spammer.

Back