Another recall for AB

Sorry but your are incorrect. They are not standard surgical tools.

They are standard for CI surgeries. Surgeons do not have to go out and invent a new instrument or have one specially made because one does not already exist.

Wirelessly posted

iavswn said:
john57 said:
Sorry but your are incorrect. They are not standard surgical tools.

They are standard for CI surgeries. Surgeons do not have to go out and invent a new instrument or have one specially made because one does not already exist.

Equipments for each implant probably come in packages. Just like you see during a dentist procedures.

Last edited:
:confused: clueless minds remain clueless:dunno:

People who act like they have the skills and knowledge of a cochlear implant surgeon because they have been implanted are worse than people who just simply clueless.

The implant surgeon tools like gauges and templates which are of different sizes are custom made by the CI manufactures for each model of implant tool kit for the surgeon. Most can be reused for the next surgery for that same model. The surgeon also has standard tools in addition like cutting and drilling tools that are the same for most CI surgeries. It is pretty easy to tell this from the web links you provided.

How is an electrode claw not an electrode claw?

Like I said a bit different. The Cochlear electrode claw is a straight tool and the AB is a bend tool and it was not intended to be universally made for other makes of Implants

Not sure why you having a hard time to understand this.

Woah!..umm did she say she was referring to YOU! No she didn't so I think it is you, sir, who needs to do the backing off. Get a grip on yourself

Speak of "uncalled for"....

Whoa, #93, don't get 'em in knots, hear!?

Thanks, guys. But, those who want to be reactionary really doesn't bother me anymore. He doesn't want me to speak for him, I'll just put him on ignore. No sweat. I just wish those who like to argue would do the same. But, whatever. They want to stress themselves out; fine by me.

Everyone is responsible for how they respond on here. I choose to ignore those who can't control themselves.

Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating today. :)

People who act like they have the skills and knowledge of a cochlear implant surgeon because they have been implanted are worse than people who just simply clueless.

Sure buddy!.. Im sure a 3/4 inch socket fits perfectly on a 1/8 inch nut :giggle:

If you read the official AB corporate response that was posted in the middle of the hearingblog you find that AB is taking this recall quite seriously and outlines what could happen. The rest of the Blog is much more techincal on what may be the issue but it is speculation at this point.

Do you guys agree with this blog? I understand that very few device fails, because they just do but now I see why they recalled every single AB if this true: Failing Ugly: Advanced Bionics cochlear implant circuit goes haywire « The Hearing Blog

Hope everything gets resolved.

I've had my AB CI for one year now, and I'm very satisfied with it. It's working fine and the improvement in my ability to hear has exceeded my expectations.

Back