Another New Guy

Griz

Reaction score
Hello folks, I hope you're all well.

I just thought I'd finally stop by to say hello to you you all, and at the same time say thank you very much for this "place" that I can come to where I have something in common with many others. It's not every day that a fellow can come to a place where we have something as personal in common and it makes my soul shine whenever I come across places like this.

I'm 65 now, and have been a competitive shooter for most of my life. Got my first gun when I was thirteen and never looked back. I've been a Colt and Smith & Wesson collector for almost forty seven years now and with all that shooting, well, you know the rest.

I lost the largest part of my hearing as a young man of about fourteen or so because when I was that age, I was way smarter, and a whole lot tougher than everyone else back then. Why do I say that? Because I didn't need those silly old ear protection thingies huh? who would wear them but a big ol sissy anyway?

Well, as it turned out, I'm now a 65 year old sissy cuz I wear them faithfully any time I go to shoot these days, and should have done so back then as well.

Anyway, sorry for babbling on like this (we old farts do that a lot you know):roll:, so I'll close up for now and say thanks again for the kind welcome I received when I joined a week or so ago and I look forward to "meeting" some of you up here from time to time.

Regards to all

Griz

:wave:...Lost my hearing at 14 also...happy you decided to come back for a visit!....Stick around....

Another Nice Welcome

Hello Robin, and thank you for the kind welcome.

Griz

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I am the same age as you. We may be old but our minds are sharp and keen but sometimes we falter which can be a habit if we rush too fast and get confused. :)

I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back