Android-based Text Relay With Ability To Enter Info Before Call

GraysonPeddie

Eye/Hear/Speech Impaired
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. With my LG Optimus V (Virgin Mobile), I want to be able to enter the information before the relay operator initiates a call since using a soft keyboard can take a lot of time to thumb type. Also, I want to be able to adjust the font size due to my visual impairment. It'd be nice for me to have a 5" smartphone, though, but I only spent $150 for a Virgin Mobile phone. Even with the phone's ability to copy and paste text, my fingers are too big for that, so I'll need to have a stylus that works with a capacitive touch screen. :)

So, with that in mind, are there any text relay applications that can let me take all the time I need to enter whatever information I need to give to the relay operator before the operator initiates a call? What I mean is I want to give a relay operator my home address and where I want to go to before the operator initiates a call to the cab service.

PS: It's been a long time since I've visited the forum. :)

PPS: I'm in Tallahassee, FL 32304.

Usually, what I did in the past, I typed all the info on text pad, start with "Before you call, here's my info for cab....blah blah blah", then copy it. then go into AIM to call the relay, when relay answered, you can paste it. That usually work for any relay call support when using copy and paste, I know it's a little hassle with your big tumbs.

Back