An update on my niece and more questions

mizerey

Reaction score
Hi,

Its been a couple years now since I last said anything about my niece. Back then we thought she might have a pretty severe loss. The ENT suggested have her get tubes and her adenoids removed. They did that and her hearing seemed to return to normal levels, but that only lasted a couple months. She was, once again, struggling to hear.

We took her to an audiology appointment on Monday. The lady was really mean. Little Girl's hearing levels are near normal, so the audi thought she was faking it for attention. She is NOT faking it!!! Today, my sister took her back to the ENT. He thinks she might have APD. MY sister and I agree. She is being sent to a different center for evaluations but they can't see her until October.

We want her to have an FM system during school times (her current school already has a 504 with a sound field for her but she is moving soon). We wonder if she would be able to qualify for CART or possibly sign classes? Does anyone have advice on this. Ideally we'd love to see her in an bibi program with sign but we aren't too sure she'd qualify for those services.

Any and all advice would be appreciated since this is new territory for my sister and I. Thanks! :ty:

Back