An Open Letter to Sorenson Communications

It's exploitation. Period.

A lot of corporations and organizations do this to the professionals on a daily basis. Artists, photographers, graphic designers, etc.

It's not right.

I also hate these so-called competitions for a logo redesign, logos for events, etc. They always award small prizes such as $500. It's a joke. It is a form of exploitation.

A logo can be very difficult to get for under $1,000 due to the research, thumbnails, revisions, mileage, printing, etc. They often go for thousands and thousands for the big corporations due to the amount of work involved.

They need to start respecting the artists, photographers, graphic designers and such.

But it was nice to see ZVRS offer to compensate this artist (see comments section).

But it was nice to see ZVRS offer to compensate this artist (see comments section).

Yes, I saw that. Wonder if it's really the CEO of ZVRS. Hmm...

If so, then that's quite generous of him.

Yes, I saw that. Wonder if it's really the CEO of ZVRS. Hmm...

If so, then that's quite generous of him.

Yeah, I wondered that, too. If the person isn't the CEO, maybe it was someone with the authority to extend that offer.

It's exploitation. Period.

A lot of corporations and organizations do this to the professionals on a daily basis. Artists, photographers, graphic designers, etc.

It's not right.

I also hate these so-called competitions for a logo redesign, logos for events, etc. They always award small prizes such as $500. It's a joke. It is a form of exploitation.

A logo can be very difficult to get for under $1,000 due to the research, thumbnails, revisions, mileage, printing, etc. They often go for thousands and thousands for the big corporations due to the amount of work involved.

They need to start respecting the artists, photographers, graphic designers and such.

I believe it cost Fedex about $250,000 for new logo.

logo is what polarize the company. that's the tremendous power it has on public. It depends on a lot of things so the typical cost is between $5,000 to $20,000 on professional level. For personal or "mom-and-pop" store... It can be between $100 to a couple thousand bucks.

For a big company like Sorenson... offering anything less than $5,000 for logo redesign is an insult.

I believe it cost Fedex about $250,000 for new logo.

logo is what polarize the company. that's the tremendous power it has on public. It depends on a lot of time so the typical cost is between $5,000 to $20,000 on professional level. For personal or "mom-and-pop" store... It can be between $100 to a couple thousand bucks.

For a big company like Sorenson... offering anything less than $5,000 for logo redesign is an insult.

You got that right. FedEx was an expensive one, but that's what happen when you hire an ad firm. You always will pay far, far more with an ad firm than you would with an independent graphic designer.

For big corporations, $5,000 and above is the norm. Anything below is an insult, like you said.

This open letter made me smile to show how much this person cares about the deaf community. Sorenson Communications should had known better but it's all about money and this is one reason, we made them richer than before.

It's time for all of us to educate the deaf community how they should treat VRS to provide accessable services for the Deaf, HOH and Hearing customers.

I do not approve any companies to abuse our tax-payer dollars to fund the TRS/VRS and in return, they screwed it up so it's their fault. I hope the new FCC's tired rate will teach them to understand how important VRS is.

Without FCC, we wouldn't be here today with wonderful technology VRS has to offer.

I am proud to have website called myVRS Relay Central, it has a dream: Educate everyone to understand FCC, NECA and VRS better so you will have benefits available. I take this VRS business very seriously.

Have a good day.

I am just speechless, but at least glad that a person stood up to Sorenson for not compensating her for her professional artwork. It is no excuse. If any VRS company wants a professional artist's artwork, then they should get compensation for their work. It is not that cheap because they need to earn their money to feed their families and pay the bills. If I am a CEO of a VRS company, I would compensate that person for her artwork.

Back