An Interesting Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is humorous that the forum appears to discredit one black person as a race baiter but dismiss BO and his racially motivated campaign.

The BO campaign brought up race and kept it alive and still does.

The posting of articles, by me, of other black viewpoints is to inject some much needed balance to an otherwise far left leaning and skewed section of the forum.

Why come to a deaf forum and complain it leans left? Deaf traditionally do.

How ironic that you consider far left viewpoints as being skewed, but far right viewpoints as fair and balanced.
No reason to be a smart aleck. Proves my point though.

I disagree...I voted for him not because he was black...because I believed in his viewpoints and etc...just asked my hubby, who is black, if he voted for him cuz of the color of his skin. He said "No..I voted for him cuz McCain was an idiot!"
Then you two have your heads on straight, however a multitude were lead toward voiting for him because he calls himself black and they voted for him for that reason.
He brought up race in his campaign a lot. He is good at oratory and is able to state something with ease but get across another meaning or plant a thought - I'll give him that kudos. Truth is that as he railed for America to vote not on race he and his campiagn never missed a chance to bring up that people should vote for him because he is black.
That is why there were so many crying and yelling at his inaugural - Thanks for a black President, if I helped him out he will help me cause we are black, I won't have to put gas in my car or pay my mortgage anymore, I can now buy my kids more snacks since Obama is President - and so on.

Oh, and referring to him as BO while at the same time accusing him of running a racially motivated campaign could be construed as racist
Only by the small minded who probably are racists.

Why come to a deaf forum and complain it leans left? Deaf traditionally do.

I know plenty of conservative deaf people. Where do you get that idea?

No reason to be a smart aleck. Proves my point though.

It proves your point? How so? If anything, it proves that you can't come up with a legitimate argument and have to resort to name calling. :cool2:

ASLGAL,

Where do you get the idea that Obama constantly brought up race during his campaign? Cite examples from his speeches to prove this.

Can u please restate your point since it is apparent u were midunderstood?Thanks.

you were under assumption that my reasoning for this Obama's victory is racially-motivated. See my post #2 -

so? it's already proven that the 2008 election was not racially-motivated.

He won because of highly-effective strategy to win targeted audience.... hence a huge budget & research in demographic, marketing & P.R. firms. Did you know his campaign team spent $39 million alone just for Florida? that's why he won it.

you were under assumption that my reasoning for this obama's victory is racially-motivated. See my post #2 -

he won because of highly-effective strategy to win targeted audience.... Hence a huge budget & research in demographic, marketing & p.r. Firms. Did you know his campaign team spent $39 million alone just for florida? That's why he won it.

ok!!! :)

Did you know his campaign team spent $39 million alone just for Florida? that's why he won it.

Florida wasn't the only reason Obama won the election. Aren't you forgetting California as well as battleground states? At any rate, Obama won the election fair and square. Remember too, that former President Bush won the election in 2000 and 2004 due to the high amount of money he was able to raise as well. Why is it wrong for Obama to do the same, but not Bush?

Florida wasn't the only reason Obama won the election. Aren't you forgetting Califoria and New York?

you're forgetting that California and New York are traditionally Democratic states. Point is... how the heck did Democratic Presidential candidate (DPC) who is a "NOBODY" win Florida???

It proves your point? How so? If anything, it proves that you can't come up with a legitimate argument and have to resort to calling names.
Legitimate argument to what? That this section of the forum leans severely to the left? Are you saying then that this section of the forum is not far left leaning?
I called no names.

Deaf person. Deaf relatives. Tradition.
I see, you were speaking personally.
It isn't a tradition is all deaf families, many conservatives deaf folks out there.

Where do you get the idea that Obama constantly brought up race? Cite examples from his speeches to prove this.
As it would take too long and too much space to cut and paste all of them I will refer you to any of his campaign speeches, his appearances on the MSM here, all over Europe on the BO Magical Mystery Hollywood Star Tour, and his handlers and pals speeches. I think that covers it.
It will not matter though because apparently you heard all of this and dismissed it because BO said all of it and then turned around and also said "but don't let race guide you" and so that line is all you heard and not the syrupy sap that gets into the brain like one of those tv jingles.

The reason for Obama's landslide victory is because of Obama himself. He proved himself to be a more capable leader in every respect vs. McCain. That's why the majority of voters (African-American, Caucasian, Hispanic, etc.) supported him.
to be more accurate - the majority of the MINORITIES.

You may want to blame it on outside sources, but the fact remains that Obama won the election because of his abilities -- not because of demographic research or strategy. You can spend all the money you want on demographic research, but if you don't have a message that voters respond to, there's no way you have any hope of willing an election.
lol you're severely underestimating the subconscious power of marketing & P.R. and of course there are dozens of other variables that contribute to it. In this case.... major categories of Obama's voters are working/middle class, minorities, women, young people, and Hillary Clinton fans. The exit polls revealed that majority of Obama's voters are minorities and youths.

So, would McCain have made a better president?
No. True Conservatives were not excited about McCain.

Not a landslide Jiro, but a victory for sure.

lol you're severely underestimating the subconscious power of marketing & P.R. and of course there are dozens of other variables that contribute to it.
Again Jiro, Right spot on.

lol you're severely underestimating the subconscious power of marketing & P.R. and of course there are dozens of other variables that contribute to it. In this case.... major categories of Obama's voters are working/middle class, minorities, women, young people, and Hillary Clinton fans. The exit polls revealed that majority of Obama's voters are minorities and youths.

Ok, then the majority of minorities so by arguing about that gives the implication that minorities are poorly informed voters?

Jiro,

I didn't think what I said was funny at all. However, I'm glad you were amused. :)

As for your statement about those who voted for Obama, a majority of them weren't Hillary supporters. In fact, many of them voted for McCain.

Besides, it doesn't matter who voted for Obama. He's our President now. End of story. :cool2:

Obama's reply on Philly IIRC to Rev. Wright's "God damn America" and that the government invented AIDS stupid speech....

ASLGAL,

Where do you get the idea that Obama constantly brought up race during his campaign? Cite examples from his speeches to prove this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back