Am I the only one who get irritated when

Teach them how to finger spell, they're only naturally curious, no need to be so hostile.

Wirelessly posted

Yeah I've tried to brush them off by telling them there's a class to take. if they don't want to take the time and put in the effort, then why should I teach them?

I have taught a couple people signing if I feel it is necessary but if I'm gonna to see them maybe once every week, then no way!

Once I had a girlfriend who I tried to teach signing. she have a habit of pretend to understand me when she really doesn't. Oh man that was fun...

Start telling them you would be happy to teach them, but it will cost them $50.00 an hour and they must sign a contract guaranteeing that they will attend at least 25 classes and be responsible for paying for the ones they miss as well as the ones they attend. That should send them running.:giggle:

Someone ask if I can teach them how to sign?

It is a perfect way to get on my bad side. It get on my nerve when people meet me then within 5 minutes they all suddenly ask me to teach them how to sign.

I really don't like to teach signing and would go out of the way to avoid it. I've even stop talk to some family members just because they will NOT let it go when I refuse to teach them how to sign.

I'm wondering if others feel the same way or if it is just me?
You don't have to teach them to sign if you don't want to. It's your call.

Last edited:
Back