Am I hard of hearing?

AlohaJamaica

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum. I am so happy I found it.
Well, I am not to sure if I am hard of hearing or just have really bad hearing haha. Every hearing test I take I fail and I will be getting my hearing aid soon.

I didn't want to just assume but sum it up to hard of hearing? Is it safe to say I am hard of hearing though?

I know I am not deaf although my hearing just gets worst.

Am I?

I am curious too as to what the definition of hard of hearing is as far as the deaf community is concerned.

:wave:....welcome aboard...and my guess is, yes, you're HOH (Hard of Hearing) since you plan to get a HA....

There is a "simple test" for Deafness-silence even with a Hearing aid.It can be tested by an Audi-usually over 105 DB.
That is my experience since becoming bilateral DEAF on December 20, 2006.

Whatever you're comfortable with. HH, deaf, hearing loss, hH/deaf, etc..if those with CI can be hh (in terms of their ability to hear and understand words and sound).

No need for labels or fitting into a box. Describe yourself in a way that you are comfortable with. :wave:

Hello, I am new to this forum. I am so happy I found it.
Well, I am not to sure if I am hard of hearing or just have really bad hearing haha. Every hearing test I take I fail and I will be getting my hearing aid soon.

I didn't want to just assume but sum it up to hard of hearing? Is it safe to say I am hard of hearing though?

I know I am not deaf although my hearing just gets worst.

Am I?

if you can hear... even barely hear without hearing aid.... you're hard of hearing.

or you can call yourself anything you want. deaf. hoh. whatever.

No need for labels or fitting into a box. Describe yourself in a way that you are comfortable with. :wave:

Right. I see myself as hh and deaf. If it makes you comfortable then why should it matter to others?

well I'm hard of hearing but hearing aids today sure do have swag!

I'm hard of hearing and I agree. I was supremely disappointed to learn that my new earmold did not come in purple with glitter. I was even more disappointed to learn that my "pink" earmold is actually "flesh pink". I was hoping for something more along the lines of hot pink.

I'm hard of hearing and I agree. I was supremely disappointed to learn that my new earmold did not come in purple with glitter. I was even more disappointed to learn that my "pink" earmold is actually "flesh pink". I was hoping for something more along the lines of hot pink.

well as you see my picture, I have purple earmolds with glitter in it.

I don't wear hearing-aids, as they aren't useful for my hearing issue. I tried them before. They make things sound louder, but don't make words sound clearer.

I don't wear hearing-aids, as they aren't useful for my hearing issue. I tried them before. They make things sound louder, but don't make words sound clearer.

if you're over the charts, try going for a CI. there's alot of them with those so they'll hop up over there like bunnies.

Back