All-day use of a cochlear implant

radka73

Reaction score
Cochlear implant users. Anyone have a problem with stimulating currents?
They cause you to someone burning at the implant? The pressure in the ear?
It is possible that you have an implant put the head down? Relax during the day from the sounds?

You hear all day as well?
Or are you talking in the afternoon or evening to change?
What is your map? Can you show it?
Here's my map:
view.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I have had my Cochlear Implant only 5 1/2 years-- behind the ear model.
Unaware of stimulating currents?
My implant is on all day till bedtime. Except when I go swimming-not waterproof.
The mapping programme was not given to me nor do I have any interest in the exact adjustments done over 5 years.

I don't quite understand your question... but... I have had odd sensations (my audi described it as facial stim, just not in the standard way) along my jaw line, which was due to being out of voltage compliance. Never had burning in the magnet area... personally... I need hearing breaks... hearing just becomes too overwhelming for me. I need to be able to take a break and be in my natural state... be allowed and able to be in silence.
Here is my MAP, my pulsewave sizes are different in many areas... because otherwise... again I am out of voltage compliance where I can actually hear. I don't have the standard curve my audi wants to see, but it is working for me.
2012-10-29092144.jpg

I'm looking to have a greater dynamic range. Levels between T and C.
If you have straight lines.

It's a horror.
The implant I can not wear :-(
I'm home. In silence. Like I had a magnet in his head bitten.
Large pressure on the temporal bones and in the ear.
It's on the pills.

Unpleasant phenomena:
a) growl (can be changed by reducing the thresholds T and increasing the level where you start from
perceive sounds T-SPL - both worse comprehension of speech)
b) burning the implant, the pressure in the ear (can reduce the levels of C, but even now
you the maximum volume V = 10)
c) increased fatigue nerve (probably make 2 different programs to do the second
louder)
d) contralateral tinnitus in the ear which not implanted high levels in the evening
hours

Shouldn''t your problems be discussed-forthwith the audi where the Implant was installed?

We tried:
1) different types of stimulation 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 720 Hz, 900 Hz
2) currents only in the cochlea (bipolar mode, common ground - but unpleasant
speech perception and pressure in the ear remains), the currents flowing out of the cochlea (monopolar mode)
3) off electrode (No. 1 - No. 3, No. 1 - No. 7)
4) different pulse widths (to reduce burning implant - does not help)
5) tested the functionality of the implant (implantát o.k.)

Yes, audi it goes slowly ideas.

Back