Alexander Graham Bell and Mabel Gardiner Hubbard’s Love Story in Photos

I thought it was very sweet. Especially at the end.. "Shortly before he died, Mabel held on to his hand and pleaded, “Don’t leave me.” Unable to speak, he replied, “No” in sign language." --that made my heart melt! But it was interesting to find out that Alex Bell was related to the National Geographic..

Yes, it was beautiful.

There is one thing that puzzle me. Why would he wanted to marry her if she was hard of hearing or deaf as oppose to not have anyone of us, deafies, to get marry? He wanted to ban all deaf marriages and also between deaf and hearing marriages. I guess he was afraid that no matter what happen he felt that if they bring the deaf babies into the world as the one or two parents were deaf. It will be overpopulated. His fears is very negative and getting anxious to rid of deafness. He does not know how to accept us as being deaf when we could not help that. It just happen that way. Geeze. :roll: Beside, no one is perfect. We all have disabilities and flaws in every one of them. No one can not have a perfect life. So grow up, Alexander Bell.

Back